chapter 31

Disappointed and distraught, Y/n and Hanagaki just sat in silence as they lost hope to stop what'll happen in the future

"I don't want to turn into a murderer..." She muttered referring to the time when she killed over 400 people, including her friends.

"...Bonten should never form..." Hanagaki muttered back, their conversation not matching each other.

They were inside their heads thinking about what happened in the future. Once this Tenjiku fights is over, whatever the result is, it'll trigger the era of three deities to occur and when Kantou manji wins again, Bonten would form.

"Why not just don't join Kantou as you did back then?" Hanagaki suggested. "That way you wouldn't kill anyone..."

"I was manipulated, Hanagaki," She said firmly. "And just because I'm aware now that I'm being manipulated, that doesn't mean I can stop it"

"I know, but can't you just try to at least stop?" Hanagaki persisted.

"You've never manipulated have you?" She stared at him. "You'll be stuck up here" She rested her pointer finger at his temple. "And once you are, you wouldn't know, and if you were aware, it won't be easy to escape"

Hanagaki averted his gaze, she was right and he just realized how insensitive his words were. "I'm sorry... I didn't mean to"

"I know you didn't" She stood up. "So, what now? are we just going to let shit play out and live our own versions of hell?"

He was quiet for a moment. "I'll think of something... I promise" He stood as well. "I'll definitely change this"

Y/n looked at him with an unreadable expression. "I hope that's not another one of your broken promises" She whispered before going out his bedroom door, "I'll see myself out"

Hanagaki just watched her walk away, he then sat down again with a huff, he ran both his hands through his hair as he let out a frustrated groan.

"Just who is the main key to this whole thing?!" He shouted, he knows Kisaki wasn't the person, it wasn't Mikey either, and there was a possibility it was Y/n but he still wasn't sure.

Just who created the main trigger to this whole mess of timelines?

He knows his first time leap was just a by-product of whoever or whatever started all of this. Hanagaki just needs to find out who or what, but the question was, how?

Moments later his friends came inside his room. "I just passed by Y/n by the entrance, did you two talk about Tenjiku?" Chifuyu asked.

"Yeah," Hanagaki answered before continuing their conversation about a plan to stop the inevitable.

Meanwhile outside, when Y/n stepped out of Hanagaki household, a black car stopped by and to her surprise, Sanzu stepped out.

"Y/n?"