chapter 39

A few days passed and Hanagaki hadn't lost hope yet, he scoured every place he could go just to ask about Bonten's whereabouts

Of course, this wouldn't go unnoticed by Bonten, they have eyes and ears everywhere after all. 

"Persistent as ever," Mikey muttered. 

"More like annoyingly stubborn" Takeomi scoffed as he let himself fall on the couch. "That kid's been snooping around everywhere" 

"Didn't you meet him a few days ago?" Kokonoi asked Y/n who raised a brow at him. 

"I did" She answered with a tired tone. 

"Are you helping him?" Mochi asked as his gaze narrowed. 

She rolled her eyes and scoffed. "If I were, he would've found us a long time ago, and plus you would know" 

"I just remembered something, didn't you say someone will look for Mikey, like two months ago?" Ran asked. "Is it him?" 

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure he just wants to talk to Mikey" She shrugged. "Wait, where's Sanzu?" 

"He's out with Mikey, why?" Ran responded but his question was ignored when she stood up and pulled out her phone. 

It took a while before Sanzu could pick up. "Sanzu you little shit, answer the damn phone on the first ring!" She sounded frantic. 

"I was busy alright?! Why'd you call anyway?" Sanzu's voice was loud enough for the other members to hear through her phone's speaker. 

"Where's Mikey?" She asked immediately. 

"Huh? He's talking to that guy who's been snooping around like a rat" He replied. "Can you just get to the point?" 

"Don't leave his side, you hear me? Don't leave, even for a second" She sternly commanded. 

"Well, too late" He sighed unbothered. "He asked me to leave them so I did, I'm just waiting- huh..." 

"Sanzu? Sanzu!" She shouted at her phone. "What's going on?!" 

She can hear a commotion happening on the other side of the line, and Sanzu's panicked voice as he shouted Mikey's name made her hang up and run out the door as fast as she could. 

"H-hey!" Rindou tried to call her but she was already gone. "What the hell?" 

.

.

.

By the time Y/n found them by tracking Sanzu's phone, Mikey was being held by Hanagaki who was covered in blood. 

"What happened...?!" She asked as she looked up. "Sanzu-! Do something!" 

But Sanzu was frozen, he wasn't moving an inch,  his breathing was uneven and ragged and his gaze was locked on the situation above them.