THE KIDS OF GOD ARE LOST.

All the cadets reached the academy and they expected Monami to be there. But she wasn't. Sanju and Faizi called Karan and informed him that Monami still hasn't returned to academy.  

' kya pata wo abhi bhi us bachchi ko dhoondh rahi ho ' Sumanji thought. She sighed over the thought. The rest of the cadets were just as tensed. Koel came in her room to find Nikhil sleeping. She softly kissed his forehead and covered him properly. All the other cadets too went to their rooms to rest a bit. They would be called for dinner in some time. 

In the police station Karan saw the recording that Monami had given to the inspector. 

' ye recording aapko kaha se mili ' he asked. 

' Are, aapki hi cadet ne to di mujhe ' he replied. 

' kaunsi Cadet?' Karan asked again. 

' wo black dress wali ' the inspector replied while smiling foolishly. 

' has kyu rahe ho?' Karan asked. 

' Kya Sir, maine sab dekha ' he replied this time smiling widely. 

' Matlab, Kya dekha??' Karan asked again unaware of what he was talking about. 
' Wo Madam aapki girlfriend hai na, aap poore time usi ko dekh rahe the, aur jab wo chali gayi to aap kitna gussa ho gaye. Hota hai Sir, shuruwaat me aisa hi hota hai. He sighed. Fir shaadi ho jaati hai aur....' before he could complete the sentence, Karan interrupted. 

' aisa kuch nahi hai, aapko galat fehmi hui hai ' he replied. 

They saw the video again and again but only the side profile of that man was visible.  But because this was the only clue, he shared it with Bantaji in the academy and asked him to look for possible suspects. 
' Use ye video kaise mila. Kahi sachme wo....' before Karan could continue his thought cycle he got a call from bantaji, ' Sir, 3 log hai jinke shakal photo wale se milti hai. Amrit Nagar police station me custody me hai wo log '. Karan was intently listening. He immediately left for Amrit Nagar police station and asked Faizi to come there. 

Monami opened the door to see as many as 10 kids all scared and stuck to each other like puppies stick when the weather is cold and the only source of warmth is another body. Their eyes are swollen from excessive crying and they have minor scratches here and there. But there is plenty of fear on their faces. Monami though shocked at first quickyl closes the door and runs towards them, but they all get scared and just whimper softly. She looks at Ayesha who is still holding a half eaten candyfloss. 

' Mai aap logo ko yaha se le jaane aayi hoo, Ayesha Mumma aapka wait kar rahi hai ' Monami spoke softly knowing how scared they must be at the moment. When none of them looks at her she squats and sits on the floor in front of them. The best way to make children believe that you don't want to hurt them is to make them believe YOU. 

' Ok, ek game khelte hai ' she said while smiling. Smiling always helps. ' aap logo ko yaha kaun laya aapko yaad hai?' she asked. But no one answers. Soon a boy starts crying,

' Mumma, mujhe mumma ke pass jaana hai ' in gibberish. Monami takes that child in her lap and hugs him protectively. The warmth. She rubs his back and also rubs his hands because they were very cold. All the other kids gather around her and hug her. Her eyes fill with tears, but this is not the time to get weak. She wipes his tears, 

' Hume game khelna bhi hai, aur jitna bhi hai ' she said while looking at all of them . 

' hum game khelenge to hume kya milega ' Ayesha asked innocently.