JUST ANOTHER DAY!!

' Koel, kaha ho tum log, kab tak aane wale ho?'  Faizi spoke over the call, rather asked. The cadets have been gone for over three hours now. 
' Sorry Sir, wo thodi emergency ho gayi thi, isiliye hume late ho raha hai. Mai aapko academy aake sab batati hoo ' Koel spoke over the call and ended it. 

The rest of them were sitting in the cafe. 
' Chitra tu theek hai?' Sumanji asked while handing her a glass of water. 

' Mujhe to samajh hi naa aa raha tha kikab usne mujhe pakda aur kab chaku nikala ' she said while taking a sip. She did not use the # in her sentence. She was very scared, and everyone could see it. 
Sumanji was constantly patting her back. 
' Ab kya karein?' Sid asked to everyone. 
' Exactly, academy jayenge to kuch to bolna padega na' Koel came after finishing the call. 

Sid scratched the back of his head. 

' Bol denge Dilbaaghji se baat kar rahe the ' Premji spoke while taking a sip of his chai. 

' Sanju ek baar me pakad legi' Sid replied. 

' Sid sahi keh raha hai ' Monami agreed. 

' Ek kaam karte hai abhi ke liye nikalte hai, warna aur late ho jayenge ' Koel suggested and all agreed. 
By the time they reached the academy, it was around 7 p.m. 

Karan was already standing outside the academy, when he got to know that the cadets have still not reported back. 

He saw them getting down from the jeep and he looked at Monami. They all looked distressed which was unlike them. He got an urgent call at the same moment and had to go to his room. 

' Kuch socha kya bolenge?' Sumanji asked while walking towards the academy gate. All of them shook their head in a no. 
All of them walked in but no one was standing outside. 

' Phew!! bach gaye ' Sid smiled a little. 

' They all left for their rooms secretly '  but Faizi saw them coming in. 

' Aaj to bach gaye Gappu, agar khadoos dekh leta na to class laga deta' Monami spoke while holding Gappu. She changed quickly and left for her kitchen duty. Kabir was already there and looked like most of the work was done.
' Sorry, mai late ho gayi ' She came inside. 

' It's ok, ummm...Dilbaaghji kaise hai?' Kabir asked while chopping onions. 

' He is much better. Wo tumse milna chahte hai, to Thank you!' she spoke while setting the plates on the counter. Kabir just looked at her and smiled. 

' Achcha, mere paas thesis likhne ke liye ek bhot interesting case aaya hai' 

She tells him about Deepak's case and asks for his suggestion. 
' Tumhe kya lagta hai, kaunsi therapy best hogi?' Kabir asks Monami trying to listen to her opinion. 
' I think...Pet Therapy, abhi tak iss area me zyada research nahi hui hai, but we can try. Kyaa pata results mil jaaye' Monami spoke with ambitious eyes. Kabir was delighted to hear this. But Karan who didn't mean to eavesdrop, ended up listening to the conversation. He stole one last glance of Monami and left behind the kitchen counter. 

The dinner time is over and all have left to their respective dorms. Monami is again on kitchen duty. She looks at the apron hanging on the nail and thinks of Karan. 
' Ohh...god Monu, tu us khadoos ke baare me kyu soch rahi hai ' She flicks her head a little and begins her work.