CAUGHT IN HIDING.

" I wish I could fall in love with him, but because I am not letting that happen, I ask for forgiveness".

The night went by and the sun rose at its usual time. But the cadets did not. It was a holiday today. All of them were sleeping in and enjoying a day of leisure. Except for Sid and Monami. She had gotten up early and was completing some final notes so that her work for the day is done. Sid on the other hand was standing in the washroom. Staring at himself and a very troublesome idea was working its way in his brain. And he was very surely going to act upon it. 

MORNING 7.30 A.M. 

' Are sab aa bhi jaon yaar, jaldi chalenge to fir jaldi wapis academy aa payenge' one of the cadets announced as the rest of them were waiting for Sumanji and Koel to come. 
Koel had explained to Nikhil that she would come back to get him and then they can go to the nearby park and play to their hearts content. 

' sorry, sorry. Sumanji ko late ho gaya. Wo Sumanji na decide nahi kar paa rahi thi kya pehenna hai!', Sumanji hurriedly explained. 

Koel followed quietly behind. 
She had a plan, but she did not know the chances of it succeeding. But she was hoping. Hoping for some miracle to happen. 

' Finally ab jab sab aa gaye hai, let's hit the road' Sid screamed with power and all others roared behind him in joy and anticipation. 

...

They reached a special cafe at a distance of about 7 kms, playing games. The cafe was divided into two big halls. The first hall was a regular cafe and the second hall was a playground sort of. It had lights and balls and nets and other fun stuff and the place seemed just right for them. 

IN THE ACADEMY 
' Sanju, un mercenaries ke baare me koi aur reports ka ab tak pata chala?' Karan asked while checking some emails from the Ministry. 

' Sirji, track karna mushkil hai' was all she could say.

' Batra Sir ki taraf se koi update' asked Faizi. 

' Batra Sir Rtd. Col. M.V. Singh ko convince kar rahe hai full fledged mission launch karne ke liye. Leking 38% army officers border duty par hai. Force kam pad rahi hai' Karan replied grimly. 

' Police ko cooperate karne ke liye kehte hai' Faizi suggested. 

' Devlali Police ne help karne se mana kar diya hai' came another unhelpful reply. 

' Jo karna hai, Parakram SAF ko hi karna hoga' Karan declared and all got back to their work. 

Some time later, Bantaji knocked on the door and all three looked up. 

' Karan Sirji, Devlali Police ki taraf se notice aaya hai. Cadets ke upar charges lage hai. Obstruction of duty, misleading the police aur uss waqt hotel me present logo ki jaan khatre me daalne ki wajah se saare cadets ko suspend karne ki request ki hai. Internal voting shuru hai Sirji. Agar maximum votes mil gaye toh ' Har Ghar Soldier' ka plan aage nahi padh payega' Bantaji explained with a pained expression. 

' Complaint Devlali police ne file ki?' Faizi asked surprised. 

' Unki team ke saath milkar hi to humne operation launch kiya tha' he thought aloud. 
' Something is wrong Faizi. Koi hume mislead karne ki koshish kar raha hai. Banta ji saare cadets se kahiye abhi ke abhi Academy wapis report kare' Karan commanded and Bantaji left to carry it. 

IN THE CAFE. 
' Make some noise guys...' Sid screamed while dancing on his own to the loud party music blaring from the speakers. The rest of them were all scattered, eating, playing or sneaking out of the vicinity. 
Koel. It was about time for her to leave and reach the Academy to get Nikhil. 

' Mujhe yaha se bahar nikalna chahiye' she thought to herself. She carefully escaped the crowd, trying to avoid any cadet until she bumped into Monami who was coming out of the washroom from the opposite direction. 
' Hey, tum kaha jaa rahi ho' she asked casually while wiping her hands. 
' Ek call karna tha...yaha..yaha awaaz nahi aa rahi' Koel lied swiflty. Monami nodded in understanding and proceeded to go past her.
Koel also sighed in relief and walked out of the cafe. 

She grabbed a taxi from just outside the cafe. 

IN THE ACADEMY.
' Bantaji, saare cadets kaha hai?' Faizi asked while walking towards Bantaji. 
'Pata nahi Sirji, kabse call kar rha hu, koi utha hi nahi raha.' he replied tensely.  

' Karan aata hi hoga aur ye log ab tak nahi aaye hai! Koi nayi problem me to nahi hai..' Faizi thought aloud. 

' Mai firse call lagata hoo' Bantaji dialed again. 

Faizi turned around to see Koel coming from the opposite direction. 

' Koel, baaki cadets kaha hai?' he asked in a commanding voice. 
Koel was not expecting Faizi to be standing there, and got startled. 
'umm..woh..woh log to abhi cafe me hai' she managed to speak despite her growing fear of getting caught. 
' Cafe?' Faizi was fuming now. 

' Bantaji ko cafe ka location batao aur tum hamare saath chalo' Faizi ordered and proceeded towards the CCTV Lounge. 

' Kya baat hai Bantaji, Faizi Sir itne gusse me kyu hai? Koel asked Bantaji while giving him the address. 
' Sirji ke paas jao sab pata chal jaayega. Tab tak mai baaki namuno ko pakad kar laata hoo' Bantaji huffed and left Koel with more questions than before. 

She also moved towards the lounge, albeit knowing that Nikhil is waiting for her. 
' Sir, aapne bulaya?' 

' Baaki cadets kaha hai? And tum jaldi kaise aa  gayi?' Faizi asked while keeping his eyes on the screen. 

' Umm..wo mujhe ajeeb feel ho raha tha isiliye mai jaldi aa gayi, baaki cadets cafe me hai abhi bhi' Koel gulped in fear but managed to speak. 

' Cadet Koel Roy, tumhare application me ek bhot interesting cheez dekhi maine, pata hai kya?' he turned away from the screen and looked straight at her. 

Her eyes widened in shock but she kept a straight face. 
' Aap mera application firse kyu dekh rahe the?' she asked. 
' Pata nahi kab, kaun iss Academy me spy bankar aa jaye. Isiliye saare newly recruited cadets ke applications rechecking me daale gaye hai.' he answered while still looking at her. 
' I hope ye spy jaldi pakda jaye' she answered while staring right back. 

' I'll leave Sir' Koel manages to speak and turns to leave but Faizi catches her arm from behind and pulls her, her back colliding with his front. 

' Cadet Koel Roy, you are married. Lekin tumhare application me tumne single status par tick kiya hai, it's a fraud. I hope you know that', he spoke the fact in a low whisper. 

' Investigation ke baad pata chala, your Husband has registered you as missing aur Mumbai me aapke liye kaapfi time se search operation chal raha hai, along with your son. So, Cadet Koel Roy, let's talk about you', he hissed with disgust in his voice and a chill ran down Koel's spine. 

He knows.