LEAP OF FAITH PART-1

" Lately, the idea of death has been dawning upon me. Its the most natural thing and yet the most painful one. Like, isn't the final send off supposed to be happy?"

" rani Sahiba, kapde faad dengi kya aap mere?" Karan spoke as he realised that Monami was holding on to him too tightly. He pulled the brake and the vehicle halted with a jerk, which just caused Monami's body onto his back even strongly. The wind breezes through them. Monami has her eyes tightly shut. And Karan feels the fear she is feeling. He keeps his one hand over her hand and gives it a light squeeze, assuring her that she is safe. Monami breathes shakily but after a moment, opens her eyes. She sees that they are not moving anymore and sighs in relief. She lets go of Karan's clothes. He asks her to get down, and she does so as if she wanted to do that since the moment she hopped on. She breathes heavily three times and by this time Karan also gets down. He puts the bike's stand down. 
' Sorry...wo...' Monami tries to explain but Karan gives her a look and that makes her more nervous. She starts fidgeting with her fingers. Karan begins to speak. 
' Monami, tumne training kyu join ki?' he asks in a plain tone. But he knew he was hiding care for her. He did not want her to know that he was caring for her. Maybe because he didn't know that himself.  Monami looked at him like he had no idea about it all this time. 

' Meri Mumma ki wajah se. She was an Army Doctor. She is my inspiration' she speaks while looking away awkwardly. Why was she talking about her mother with Karan in the middle of a night on an almost empty road?  Karan ' tsk tsk ' to the answer. 

K-Maine tumse ye nahi pucha kiski wajah se? I asked you WHY?? 

M-Uhh...because I want to prove myself. Mere Da.. Kaafi saare logo ko lagta hai ki I cannot do so many things. Mai unko prove karna chahti hoo ki I can do whatever I set my mind to.

K-Hmmm... toh..how do you plan to do it? 

M-Uhhh..training I guess! ( DUhhh!!) 

K-Sirf training se kuch nahi hoga, tumhare case me you need to put a lot more efforts. 

( isiliye to tumse training leni pad rahi hai) Monami thought to herself. 

' Get over you fear Monami. Iss training ka maqsad tumhe confident individuals banana bhi hai. But as I said, sirf training se kuch nahi hoga' he looked over her. With the eyes of a true mentor. Monami realized that what he was saying was true. 

' ek baar mera kaafi boora accident ho gaya tha...' she said while pointing towards the bike. 
' Monami, I'll give you the choice. Hume academy to jaana hi padega. We can't call a taxi. To ya toh tum bike pe baithogi ya fir hume chal kar jaana padega. You choose!' he replied. It was his idea of giving Monami the freedom to overcome her fear by herself. Atleast, take a step for it. Monami is a bit hesitant but says this after some time, ' Giraoge to nahi na?' with a shaky pouty face. And a small smile creeps up on his face after hearing it but he hides it almost immediately. He sits back on the bike and starts the engine. Monami hops on next, this time with a little confidence. She keeps both her hands on his shoulders and sees herself in the side mirror. He starts the bike and this time Monami doesn't hold him too tight. She slowly begins to enjoy the night wind hitting her face and a little bit of Karan's scent that's mixed with it. Some relief. Something comforting. 

Sorry Guys, but a part 2 will follow that will be posted tomorrow!!

Thankyou for being so patient despite my irregular updates. 
Good night Guys and Happy Ganesh Chaturthi in advance my Wattpad Fam!!
Keep Reading!!
Keep Loving!!