WHEN A LONG DAY COMES TO AN END.

It was really a long day. From attending lectures in the morning to being called to Batra sir's cabin because of Sid to finding Ayesha and coming back alive again. The academy seemed like home to Monami. It was night by now. Monami was resting in the dispensary. Sid was also in the dispensary, sitting on a chair nearby Monami's bed. Ishaan was sleeping with Monami on her bed. The boy who once longed for warmth was snuggling and Monami didn't mind either. She kept patting his head slowly. But she was wide awake. Constantly thinking about the hug. It was unintentional. She did not mean to hug Karan. She did not want to hug Karan. But hugging him made her feel safe. His eyes reflected concern. She could see that. His strong arms supporting her. It came so naturally. He did not hesitate. 

All the cadets were sleeping and so were the kids. Sanjana had finished her work and briefly passed by the dispensary when she saw Sid sleeping without any cover. But she didn't know who he is. She simply put a blanket over him and walked away. While walking away she only had one thought. The date of her engagement was coming near. It was delayed because she insisted on working a bit longer. But the date was fixed. And this time maybe her excuses won't work. Getting engaged would be similar to getting married. The restrictions o her would just increase. How would she ever fall in love? Or maybe she won't. Marriage in her household doesn't happen because you love the other person. It happens according to your parents and society. And making that marriage work and last is your responsibility even though it was not your choice. She could only sigh. 

Faizi was fast asleep. But Karan was wide awake. His thoughts were constantly going back to Monami fighting those men. Her injuries. Her bleeding hand. Her smile after she saw that everyone is safe. She seemed different now. Not like the rich kids whom he hates to death. Maybe, she is different. He thought. 

' sach me wo alag ho sakti hai kya? ' he thought. He got up from his bed and walked towards the dispensary. Monami had Ishaan curled up in a hug. Karan smiled a little looking at this. Ishaan had pulled down his side of blanket, so he covered him again. The light coming from the window was falling on her face. A different kind of glow she had.

 Had it been someone else, they would have freaked out. But Monami protected everyone. He thought. Was she being brave or stupid? Why would she go to that extent? The thoughts kept on piling up. He saw her hand covered in bandage. Maybe, she is DIFFERENT! He smiled a little on this and walked back to his room. But sleep was not his friend. Another sleepless night was no surprise for him. Suffering from PTSD. He just laid back and closed his eyes. The hug from earlier suddenly flashed in his mind. Why did he feel so different? She hugged him because she was scared. That's it he thought. 

' isse pehle ki aur koi bakwas khayal aaye, mai gym jaa raha hoo ' and he went to gym to sweat it out. 

Koel had to wait for Sumanji to sleep so she could get Nikhil out for washroom. Where quietly, she woke him up and carried him to the washroom. But she took him to ladies washroom. Another day of hiding. Often her child would ask about is Father but Koel would be speechless. Would that child understand what his mother had to go through? And what she is going through now. Maybe, maybe not. But keeping him safe is her duty. 

The next morning is chaotic than usual. The kids are running around after they have had their breakfast and demanding for a party because Monami promised so. 

' Monu, hum party kab karenge, cake kab khayege ' Ishaan asked while sitting in her lap. 

' Academy me party kaise karu?' Monami whispered to Sumanji. 

' GOOD MORNING CADETS ' a cheerful voice wished them. They all turned around to see a middle aged lady standing in bright colored clothes and a floppy on her head. Karan and Banta ji were standing behind her. 

Sid's mouth dropped upon seeing her unique fashion sense. He asked Monu who she is but she herself was unaware. 

' Aap log mujhe nahi jaante. I am MRS. BATRA. Aur mai apne naye batch ke cadets se milne aayi hoo ' she spoke while smiling widely. 

Karan smiled a little at her but quickly bowed his head. 

Ishaan quickly got down from Monami's lap and walked up to her. 

' iske pair to kuch zyaadaa hi fast chalte hai ' Monami thought looking at Ishaan. 

' Inko dekh ke tujhe kisiki yaad nahi aati ' Sid elbowed Monami. 

' Kiski??' She asked. 

' Yaad aaya, are wo school me thi na, wo sanskrit ki teacher. wo bhi aisi hi floppy pehenti thi yaad hai ' he said while laughing. 

' Aap hume party dengi? Monu ne bola tha hum cake khayenge ' Ishaan spoke while standing in front of MRS. BATRA.

All laughed at this while Monami was internally cursing herself for promising a party.

' Ofcourse. Hamara naya batch hai. Party to banti hai. Waise Monu kaun hai ' She asked Ishaan. 

He pointed at Monami who was sitting with Sid and Sumanji at either side. She nervously raised at her hand. MRS. BATRA smiled at her. Monami's gaze shifted to karan who was not looking at her. She turned away. Sid was looking at the affection with which MRS. BATRA was talking to Ishaan. As a boy, he always craved that Motherly love. But he just learnt to live without it. He looked away knowing he would end up wanting it too. 

MRS. BATRA IS GOING TO MAKE AN ANNOUNCEMENT, WHAT WILL IT BE??

WILL SID AND SANJANA BE ABLE TO MEET?? 

KEEP READING!!!