COFFEE SCENT ON THE BRIM!!

' Late night talks when people are honest and vulnerable make us realise being honest to someone is difficult. But honestly, it's not that difficult. You just need to learn to trust. Many people may come in your life who take your trust for granted, but there will also come the gems who deserve it. So, don't be scared to talk. Don't hide it' ~ author. 

continued from last part...
' No sir, Sorry Sir! ' Monami spoke with her head down, trying to understand what kind of a comment it was. 

' Ofcourse sarcasm tha Monu. Usne apni wo sarcastic waali smile di ' her alter ego threw the thought into her head space. She nodded to herself and began taking another mug from the rack. 

' tumhari kitchen duty to ho gayi right? To yaha kya kar rahi ho?' karan asked in his usual tone . 
' Wo, thode assignments complete karne the. So I thought coffee would help' she spoke as she was still looking for a spoon. 

She was checking cabinets but could not find the one with spoons. 

' right side me third shelf' Karan spoke with his arms crossed. He was standing by the kitchen counter. His cup was on the kitchen top. Monami opened the third shelf on the right side and as she saw the spoons she smiled like a little child but immediately hid it. Karan simply shook his head as it was an expected reaction. 

' black ya with milk?' Monami asked when she opened the refrigerator to get milk. 
' I drink black' Karan replied. 

' ewww!!' Monami replied instantly without thinking for a second and immediately a wave of regret hit her. 

Karan cocked an eyebrow at this and unlocked his arms. 
' Koi problem ' he asked while walking towards her. 

' uhhh...no..umm..no problem Sir!' Monami fumbled with the milk vessel shaking in her hands. 

Karan walked and stood in front of her, but looking at the milk vessel that may fall any time, he took it from her and placed the vessel on the kitchen top. 
But seeing him so close, she felt more confident rather she must have feared him. After all he is khadoos. She closed the refrigerator door and started speaking, 

' Coffee na...it's all about the right temperature and the right brewing ' she spoke smiling. 

' Coffee is all about caffeine. It's just a drug ' Karan replied and smirked a little.

' Ok..to tum coffee kyu pite ho?' Monami asked while moving towards the gas stove. She lights it and places the milk vessel on top of it. 

Karan seems least interested to answer the question so Monami answers it herself. 
' mai isiliye peeti hu kyuki jab freshly steamed milk, coffee ko pighla deta hai aur dheere dheere coffee ka raw flavor milk ke saath mil jaata hai, tab ek halki si khushbu aati hai. It's a very light aroma. Coffee is raw and bitter but milk is dense and creamy. Iski wajah se coffee ki 20% natural sweetness recover ho jaati hai. Wo flavor aapko batata hai ki aapki coffee bilkul sahi bani hai. Aur kisi bhi cheez ko best tabhi enjoy kiya jaa sakta hai jab wo sahi bani ho' she finishes and turns to lower the gas knob. 

Karan looked like he was listening intently. He becomes curious of one thing. 
' Medical school me coffee banana bhi sikhate hai ?' he jokes expecting a laugh but Monami doesn't. He adjusts his normal expression. 
For a while, there is silence. Monami turns the gas knob again, this time switching it off. The milk looks steamed. She smells a little bit of aroma and nods to herself. Karan watches her do everything with such detail that he gets a little fascinated. But he moves his face away. Monami places both the mugs together and pours the brewed coffee in the ratio of 1/4 in both the mugs. She begins to pour the freshly steamed milk in the mugs to 2/4 ratio, so that there is still 1/4 of volume left. She gives the beverage a final stir and hands one mug to Karan who was leaning on the refrigerator. 

' Kisi mahaan insaan ne kaha hai ki jab daal chaawal ka jeera rice aur daal tadka ban sakta hai to uski khichdi banakar kyu khaana' Monami spoke while giggling, implying Karan's simple and boring way of drinking coffee. Karan sighs and is about to take the first sip but Monami stops him. She takes her mug in her hands and slowly inhales the real aroma coming out of the hot beverage. A small smile creeps on her face as her eyes are closed imagining the aroma. Now that she is somewhat closer to him and her eyes are closed, he takes this opportunity to study her features. She had double eyelids, He cannot exactly make out the shape of her forehead because of her bangs. She has a small nose and her cheekbones are plump, so whenever she smiles she looks cute. And her lips...
' Tum bhi try karo....aroma!! ' Monami suggests Karan and his trance breaks . He reluctantly does so but fails to catch the fragrance. She clinks her mug with his and says,

' Cheers!'. Karan doesn't say it. 

He takes a sip of it and walks out of the kitchen. 

' huhh...coffee banana nahi isko pehle Thankyou bolna sikhana chahiye ' she speaks to herself with an annoyed expression. 
He continues taking sips of his coffee while walking to his room. This time with a little smile and appreciation, unknown to her.