AIR IN THE NIGHT.

" The best thing to hold onto in life is each other" ~ Audrey Hepburn

3 HOURS LATER 

Koel had successfully reached the academy. She wounded Nikhil's wounds. gave him some chocolates and now he was sleeping on her lap. She was stroking his hair. Lightly. To not disturb his sleep. She carefully picked him up and laid him on the bed. Then she took off his specs and caressed his face. She covered him with a duvet and left the room. 

Karan was having a hard time. After she fainted on the ground, he picked her up in his arms. He realised she was lighter than he thought. He took her inside the guest house on the first floor and laid her on the sofa. Taking her in a room would look weird to the rest of them. He adjusted a pillow under her head and switched off the lamp. She was murmuring something and he decided to ignore her. He was squatted and was about to get up when she held his hand. She pulled him a little down and he was on his knees. He sighed. 
' why do you hate me?' she asked in a soft, calm whisper. And something moved inside him. 
( Song suggestion- Lovely by Billie Eilish) 

He moved his hand away, but did not move away himself. Monami soon drifted to sleep because she was not talking anymore. 

' I don't hate you' was all he whispered before getting up and leaving. But she never got to hear that. 

Sid had managed to take a taxi back to Mumbai. On his way, he made a detailed text to Monami about why he was leaving. He expected that she would be very angry. But one other person who was not leaving his thoughts was Sanjana. And her last words. 

She was talking something about shaadi. But he could not join the dots due to her hinglish. 

The night goes by. Like every other night. There was the moon. the stars. The light wind rustling everywhere, carrying with itself dust and wishes. Karan was sitting outside in the tent. All the others had gone to sleep. But his thoughts kept going back to Monami.
Why did he say he did not hate her? All this while he had been hating her. Finding flaws in everything that she does. Then why did he say that inside. Was he feeling something else for her other than hatred. That could not be possible. His conscious awakened him. He hated her. That was the conclusion. He had decided. And nothing could change his mind. 
' Why do you hate me?' her soft voice kept resonating in his ears. Disturbing him. He did not like it. He did not like her. And yet he could not help himself. He went to check on her once again. Is it really hate that he has for her? 

Sanju was a little awake. She was in her tent. She must have walked by herself. She hates taking help. She has always seen woman in her village being dependent on men for anything that they want to do. Since then she has hated asking for help. Her head is making rounds in itself and what all she remembers is talking with Sid about something. But the throbbing in her head increases and she falls back to sleep. 
Koel is sleeping next to her son. Her world. Just the thought of anything happening to him scares her to death. But she also berates herself. She wants to give a good life to her child but instead they have to on the run constantly. God knows, if they will have to leave the academy as well. 

It's the morning hour now and the cadets are in a habit of waking up due to training. All wake up with heavy headaches. Monami wakes up with her alarm and grabs her phone to turn the alarm off. She sees the notification from Sid and clicks on it. The message knocks the air out of her. 
' kaminey Ganju' she cried. Her headache has increased and a new trouble awaits her. What will happen when the rest of them come to know that Sid has run away? Monami will be held responsible. Batra Sir had given her the responsibility of his training. Will her training also come in danger. All thoughts cross her mind. She decides to call him first.  She calls him bur he doesn't answer. 

Meanwhile Koel had came back to the camp at night so that no one doubts her. Only Koel knows that Sid has run away from the academy. If she was not to be found, she would also come on Karan Shergill's radar. And Koel, more than anything, wanted a place to hide. And she cannot ruin her chance. Also she was thankful that the only person who knows about Nikhil is no more in the academy. Although Sid thought Nikhil is koel's boyfriend, he may as well connect the dots very soon. And Koel's chance would again be in danger. In about 3 hours, they will be leaving the place. 

Monami drops her phone on the table by side and sees a tablet. She reads the name. It's a painkiller  and along with it a glass of water. She wonders who kept it there. 
Sid?? 

Will Sid return??
How will Parakram academy work together to catch the culprits of the child trafficking??

Keep reading!!!
Byeee!!