BUSY NIGHTS!!

The night after the party was quiet. Sid was already fast asleep. Sanjana had also gone to her room and slept. Koel was still looking for Nikhil when she found him in the men's washroom. 
' Mendhak!!! Kabse dhoondh rahi hoo tujhe. Kaha chala gaya tha tu? ' She whispered. 
' Koel, maine bhot saara cake khaaya, ek friend ne diya mujhe ' he said while smiling. Koel saw his clothes and cake was smeared all over his face. She was shocked to hear this. 

' Kisne?? kaunsa Dost?? ' she asked worried. 

Just when Nikhil was about to speak, they heard some footsteps and Koel immediately hid with Nikhil in one of the washrooms. 
' ya Allah!! Humne kyaa gunaah kiya tha jo Hume yaha paapad belne pad rahe hai. Ab tak to Lucknow me humari 3-4 girlfriends ban gayi hoti. Par yaha uss ulti khopdi ke saath in bachcho ko training dena pad raha hai...kyuuu!! '
Faizi entered the washroom talking to himself. This party was supposed to be fun but his image as a trainer does not allow him to.
' koel, ye kaun hai jo khud se hi baat kar raha hai ' nikhil whispered. She kept a hand on his mouth.
' waise aaj Kal logo ko ho kya gaya hai, jo dekho wo sadi si shakal bana ke firta hai, jaise inki biryani me elaichi zyada daal di ho Dilbaaghji ne. Huh. Karan, Sanju aur wo koel. Hamari Ammi kehti hai, jo apni shakal par 12 Baja kar ghoomte hai na wo jaldi bhooddhe ho jaate hai ' he was still talking to himself.
nikhil moved Koel's hand away and whispered again,
'Dekha, usne bhi tujhe buddhi bola ' but koel covered his mouth again.
' ye jaa kyu nahi raha hai, poori raat yahi apna  talkshow chalaega kya? ' she thought.
After some time she heard the door closing and realized that he left. She came out softly and quickly ran to her room with Nikhil.

Karan was sitting in the lounge room, and in some time he fell asleep lightly. When his eyes opened he saw a figure walking through the corridor towards the other door of the lounge room. He immediately got up and walked towards the other door, but before the figure could say something he grabbed her and put her in a chokehold.  A heavy stuff fell from her hand on the floor with a loud thud. She slapped on his arms a few times that were tightly gripping her upper body. With no other option left, she stomped her leg on his left feet. Karan winced in pain and left her. He turned on the lights to see Monami holding her neck and breathing heavily.
' What the...., kya kar rahi ho tum? ' he asked her flustered.
' ye to mujhe puchna chahiye. Suddenly attack kyu kiya mujhpe '
Monami answered while breathing heavily. Karan looked here and there and saw books fallen on the floor.
' tumhe, Pata nahi chala ki.... ' monami spoke still holding her neck tightly. Apparently, she got a few fingertip bruises on her neck because of the tight hold.
' chup chup ke kyu chal rahi thi. Rules ke hisaab se abhi tak tumhe so Jaana chaiye tha ' he said while looking at her.
' Kal important topic pe lecture dena hai, uski preparation kar rahi thi. Sanjana room me so rahi hai isiliye Mai yaha aa gayi ' she said in a low tone.
' mujhe laga koi aur hai isiliye Maine wo kiya' he said while bringing her a glass of water.
Monami sat down on the sofa and drank it, still shocked with what happened. Meanwhile, Karan picked up her books from the floor and placed them on the table, he then sat across.
There was silence between them. For a while, no one spoke.
' waise tum abhi tak kyu jaag rahe ho? ' she asked after some time.  He looked up at her. He was debating in his mind whether he should really tell her the real reason or not. He decided not to. It is best to maintain boundaries, he thought.
' bas, neend nahi aa rahi thi ' he said while looking here and there.
' tumhe lecture dena hai? Kyu? Punishment? Waah!! Aaye hue thoda time bhi nahi hua aur tumhara performance level average ho gaya...' he said while looking at her.
She narrowed her eyes.
' mujhe nahi lagta punishment hai. Mere liye ye ek opportunity hai. Aur Mai ise achchi se utilize karna chahti hoo ' she said In a positive tone.
Karan scoffed and Monami got irritated at this.
' thik hai fir tum apni " opportunity " pe kaam karo ' he said throwing sarcasm at her. But before leaving ,
'Aur ha, agli baar padhai karni ho to cctv lounge me jaake karna waha spare computers hai. Ek aur baat, waha ice pack se seck lena' he said while pointing towards her neck and
Left the room.
Monami scoffed.
' huh, bol to aise raha hai, jaise mujhe Pata hi nahi hai. Mai doctor hoo Agent Shergill. Meri awaaz badal gayi kya' she checked her voice a few times.
' Hello, hello, mic test....1234. Ah  ah..' she continued ' abhi abhi wo Khambe  jaisa aadmi almost meri jaan nikaal ke gaya hai par thankfully Mai ab bhi zinda hoo. Pata nahi aage aur kin tareeko se almost meri jaan nikalega!! ' she spoke to herself and sighed.
' Kal, Rani Sahiba ka lecture dekhne Jaana padega ' Karan spoke to himself while retreating to his room.