EAVESDROPPING!!

' A chance to walk away is also a chance to stay ' ~ anonymous
The cadets were playing cards and some other games and the trainers were sitting together, discussing something. 
Sid was waiting for all of them to go to sleep since they ate dinner. Nothing much interesting was happening. Another half hour passed by but nothing was happening. Sid was running out of time. 
' Yaar, aisa hi chalta raha to mai yaha se kab nikloonga ' Sid thought with a tensed face. 
' Kuch soch Sid...' he was brainstorming but couldn't think of an idea. 
Koel on the other hand was worried about Nikhil. She called him three times but he didn't pick up. Did he get caught? Did he eat? Is he hurt? Thoughts of all kinds crossed her mind making her more nervous. 

' ye ladka phone bhi nahi utha raha hai. Oh God!! Kahi kisine Nikhil ko dekh to nahi liya ' Koel thought to herself. 
' Yaha se bahar nikalna padega '  she mumbled to herself. She started walking hurriedly in tension without looking up and bumped into Faizi. 
' Sorry ' was the first word she said but didn't make eye contact. Somewhere, she felt the most insecure around Faizi. Since day one. His amicable nature didn't go through Koel's heart. She has been deceived by people closest to her. Trusting Faizi is a risk that she will never take. As a matter of fact, she can't trust anyone. Her secret is not safe with anyone. And she knows it.
She begins to walk past him but he says something,

' Aisa kya soch rahi ho ki raaste me tumhe hum nahi dikhe ' Faizi spoke in a teasing tone but Koel simply walked away. He was dumbfounded. He felt a tap on his shoulder to see Karan standing behind him with a smirk. 

Faizi tried to ignore him but now it was Karan's turn to tease. 
' Kya hua, Faizi ka charm kaam nahi aaya?' Karan teased Faizi. 
' Humne ab tak apna charm istemaal  nahi kiya ' he replied while rubbing the back of his neck. Karan laughed a bit at this and shook his head. 

Meanwhile Sid was busy cooking a plan to escape. 

' Monu, mai restroom jaa raha hoo ' he told Monami while leaving. 

He came inside the washroom and locked the door. 
' Kuch Soch Sid!!' he started repeating a little loudly. 
Koel also escaped the gathering and went behind the washroom building and tried to call Nikhil again. 
' Ye ladka phone kyu nahi utha raha hai '  she was frustrated so she spoke a little loudly. Sid's train of thought was interrupted by the loud noise. He tried to brainstorm again but ..
' Nikhil ke bachche phone utha warna tujhe bhot maar padegi ' Koel left a voice message for her son. She was very angry but above all she was scared. 
Sid was startled at this warning that was not intended for him. 
' Kaun hai ye aurat jo itna chilla rahi hai?' he spoke to himself. Nikhil still did not pick up Koel's call. She was trying not to get caught by anyone but maybe she was already caught. 
Sid pulled down the lid for the sitting toilet and then stepped on it. Now both his legs were on the lid and he could see Koel from the top window of the washroom. All washrooms have an exhaust window. His face was covered because of the glass slides. But he could see Koel. She seemed anxious. 

' Ye yaha kya kar rahi hai ' he thought to himself. 
Koel didn't know that she was being observed. 

She called Nikhil again in hopes that he would pick up. And finally he picked up. 

' Kaha tha tu? Kitni der se phone laga rahi hu tujhe?' she literally screamed startling Sid who was standing on the toilet. 
' Chilla kyu rahi hai 'was his next thought. 
Nikhil was crying on the call. Koel was tensed listening to him sobbing. Her tone now calmed and softer. Mother's love .
' Kya hua? Kyu ro raha hai mera bachcha?' she asked worried. 
' bachcha?' Sid was surprised.