THE RED DOOR OF LIFE!!

Something about Life is hard. I learn it everyday. And so do other people. Some people are born with happiness, luck, health whereas others strive to get even one of those. But some people also become successful after working hard. They build a reputation for themselves, their identity, their prestige. But sometime all of it goes down. Why? Answering this will be different for every person. For Kabir as well. A good going Cardiac Surgeon who was about to enter the Double Board after completing his General Surgery internship is now teaching psychology in a military academy. Did he want this? Maybe? But don't you all want to know why and what happened? 

Sanju pulls off her gloves and walks towards her room to grab some towels. After that she was supposed to call Sid for extra training but coincidentally she found Sid in her room talking to Monami. 
' achcha hua tu yahi mil gao. Chal, training ke laane ' she said while grabbing one of the towels. Sid stared at her for a while. Monami smacked his hand and he got back to his senses. 

' huh....Kya kaha tumne?? ' he asked all blank minded. Sanjana sighed. Monami facepalmed. 
' TRAINING!! Chalo ' she said in a louder voice and Monami was startled. 

' Abhi, kyu?? Mere liye koi khaas training routine banaya hai aapne?? ' he asked while smirking. 
' Kameena!! ' Monami thought. 
Sanjana sighed again and fake smiled. She took the pitcher of water on the table by her bedside, slowly took off its lid, stared at it for a while and then looked at Sid's face. In a count of three she threw all the water in the pitcher on Sid's face. Some water splashes came on Monami as well. 

Sid was too shocked to speak!
He slowly opened his eyes. Water flowing from his wet hair, blurring his vision. Sanjana had a towel wrapped around her neck and looked like a Mafia. She threw another towel at Sid. 

' 5 min me gymkhaana aa jaana. Warna tumai ghar waapsi ki ticket katwa denge ' she said in a stern tone and walked out of the room. 

It was 8 p.m. by now and the cadets gathered in the mess to have dinner. As usual the kids were also around and Ishaan was sitting with Monami. The trainers as usual came in. When Sanjana entered Sid quickly avoided her sight and Monami laughed at this. 

' Bhot hasi aa rahi hai tujhe? ' he said while gritting his teeth. 
She laughed again. ' Kaisi ti teri "special training" ' she whispered as Ishaan was sitting next to her. 

' She killed me Monu. Mat pe itne baar ghooma ke patka hai na Ms. TodFod ne ' he said while rubbing his back. 
Karan saw Monami laughing and talking to Sid and just looked away. Faizi was looking at Koel with suspicion. The other day when he was talking to Ayesha's Mother, she told him that Koel was very understanding and helped her calm down. Like she knew exactly how a Mother would feel in such a situation. Though it was just a statement and nothing to be bothered over, he overlooked it and continued eating. Kabir also entered the mess. He joined Sid, Monami and Ishaan on one table. 
' waise, Puttar ji aap party ki raat ko kaha chale gaye the?? ' Dilbaghji asked Ishaan as he came to give Kabir his order. 
' mai ek friend ke saath Cake kha raha tha ' he said while trying to finish his mouthful. 
' Par aapke saare friends to party me the ' Monami asked him while wiping his mouth. 

' yaha ek aur friend hai. wo chashma pehenta hai ' Ishaan said while smiling. 
Koel immediately understood that it was Ishaan with whom Nikhil ate cake. He knows abut Nikhil. The spoon dropped from her hand and Banta ji offered to give her another one but she hurriedly left the mess after keeping her plate. Faizi kept looking at her till her running figure disappeared. 

' Iss parkati ko kya ho gaya? Aise bhaagi jaise bhoot dekh liya ho ' Sumanji commented while eating. 

' Zyaada kha liya hoga shayad ' Premji replied and all laughed. 

Just as Dilbaaghji was about to return to the counter, strong pain began in his chest and his legs fell weak. He held his chest and fell on the ground. Everyone got alert at this. He fainted within seconds and everyone was shocked. Monami and Kabir immediately got up from their seats and ran towards him. Monami immediately checked his breath rate and pulse. She checked his chest and the area was tight. He was also sweating too much. Karan was watching her do her job. Whereas Kabir could not take a step forward. He knew exactly what was wrong but his legs wouldn't allow him to take steps towards the patient. Because it was night time, the doctor in the dispensary was off the shift. The situation turned panic when Dilbaaghji completely stopped breathing. She immediately started performing CPR. 
' 1,2,3,4,5.....' she started counting for the number of pumps. She would do till fifty and then check his pulse. Its a super quick process. But his heartbeat was still zero. She started counting again. Her breathing becoming heavy but sweat falling down from Kabir's forehead. His hands curling up into fists. His helplessness. His steps stumbled back and he lost balance but he held on to a table. His breathing somewhat becoming unstable. Something from his past kept striking him. 

' Jaldi inhe dispensary leke chalo, gurney leke aao ' he asked Karan.

Monami was still performing CPR. In 2 minutes there was ROSC ( Return Of Spontaneous Pulse) and Monami checked. 

' Huhh...' she said breathing heavily, ' he's fine'. While performing CPR it is important to keep measure of no. of pumps and time. By this time, Monami was also sweating heavily. 

2 minutes are enough to decide the fate of a person. No one knows what will happen in the coming moment. Which is why no one can be blamed completely. I believe, we cannot ever be fully prepared for what's about to happen. Because life is a series of surprises. 
But if only can we learn the importance of those 2 minutes, then maybe we can save more lives~ author.