AN UNLIKELY ALLIANCE!!

" We are asleep until we fall in love~ Leo Tolstoy" 

Koel and Sid were trying to devise a plan to escape. Koel did not pay much attention to the fact that Sid was willingly helping her. Getting out of here and reaching Nikhil was the priority.  

' Kya kare? Kaise nikle yaha se?' Koel asked Sid tensed. 
He was thinking and then it striked him. 
' BEER!' he exclaimed. 
' What?' meanwhile Koel did not understand how beer will help them in this situation. 
Just when Sid was about to explain he got a call from Monami and he picked it up,
' Kaha hai tu Sid. Jaldi aa na game bhot interesting ho raha hai' was all she said and hung up. 
' Hume jaana hoga warna sabko shaq ho jayega' Sid told Koel and both of them walked away. 
After 5 minutes he texted her,
" Koel, pantry me jao and get some beer cans" .
Koel read it and went to the pantry. 

Karan and Faizi were still talking while Sanjana was away on phone. Her Father had called her insisting that she returns home this month. Apparently Kundanji's Father health is deteriorating and they would like to pull up the process of the marriage. 

' Bapu hum abhi na aa sakto hai, abhi abhi to training shuru hui hai, aur hume ek bhot zaroori kaam sopo gao hai ' she tried to debate. An unsuccessful attempt. 

' Maudi hum puch na raho hai. Bata raho hao. Kundanji ke Bapu ki tabiyat dheeli pad raho hai. Aise me kuch upar niche ho gaya to unke bina shaadi....nahi nahi shaadi me bado ka aashirwaad bhot maayne rakho hai. Tu bas jald se aaja. Tu bas ek baar aaja fir baake saaro kaam hum aur teri amma dekh lenge' a heavy monologue. After this Sanjana could not debate anymore. After all they were not giving her a choice. She had to. It was an obligation. But also a burden. A burden that she will have to carry forever. 

She just sighed and ended the call. 

She turned around to see Sid playing in the group with the rest of the cadets. He was her duty. But maybe she will have to go. To complete her duty as a daughter. She returned to sit with Karan and Faizi. Her face had worn down and the frown lines on the forehead were visible. Karan noticed it and knew it was a call from her parents.
He offered her a glass of water which she declined. He sighed. He knew somewhere Sanjana was also like him. She found it difficult to open up. And she was somewhere just as lost as he was. But she had never compromised with her duty. A true Soldier. Faizi also understood the mood. All the girls he had met seemed to enjoy the idea of getting married but Sanjana looked like she was struck with lightening when her family told her about Kundanji. 
' Iss baar kya maang liya tumhare papa ne ' he asked trying to get something out of her. She looked at him thinking what to answer and after a while replied,
' humao pehchaan'. This struck both of Karan and Faizi. She laughed a little. 

' Ghar wapis bula raho hai. Keh rahe the ki shaadi ki taiyaariyan shuru karne wale hai' she said with her head hanging low. 
' Kab jaane ka soch rahi hai ?' Faizi continued. 

Sanjana didn't know the answer to this as well. Did she really want to go? before Faizi could continue Karan interrupted. 

' are, drinks khatam ho gayi hai. Jaa na lekar aa na ' Karan nudged Faizi. 

After Faizi left, Karan started talking. 
' Tu chahe to Mai baat kar sakta hoo' he said in a low voice and Sanjana immediately shook her head. He understood her reaction. 
But he had to do something, he could see that Sanjana was not ready to leave yet. But how could he help her? Before he could think of something to say, she spoke,
' Sirji, hamae laane humaare Bapu ke ijjat bahut mayne rakhti hai. Hum aisa kuch na kar sakto hai jo uske khilaaf ho. Waise bhi hume to pata tha ye hone wala hai, aur humne iske liye khudko taiyaar bhi kar liya tha' she spoke with a painful smile. 
' to kya taiyaari ho gayi. Yaha se jaane ke liye taiyaar hai tu?' he asked.