Mine

Lucian

"Does it look good? You think she'll like it right? Fuck, what if she doesn't like it," I try to take the small box from Quinton's hand.

He hands the box back, "She'll love it."

She better say yes.

Yesterday my Mamma and I went searching for a ring.

-Yesterday-

"How about this one, figlio?" Mamma points to a chunky gold ring with a large diamond in the center.

"One I don't want her hand to fall off and two, she doesn't like gold," I look through the glass casing of rings.

This is too stressful for something that is supposed to be exciting.

I have the man working the store open another case for me to see a ring. The ring has a marquise diamond in the center aswell as blue celestite on either side of the diamond, matching my Gardenia's eyes. The band is silver with tiny diamonds around it.

"Do you like it?" I ask my Mamma.

"Sì, I love it," she says as she holds it up, looking it over.

-Present-

I place the ring box on the top shelf of a book case in our library, making sure I don't lose it while I'm out.

"Make sure her day is perfect for her while I'm gone," I tell Quinn and he nods.

Grabbing my keys, I go to the kitchen and kiss Tate's forehead.

"Be ready for dinner, hmm?" she hums, placing a kiss on my lips.

"Quinton is taking me shopping for a dress," she smiles, placing a strawberry in her mouth.

Ugh, I hate leaving her.

"See you later," I tell her and she says the same thing back,

"See you later, Sicilian."

I force myself to turn around and leave. Everyone knows I'm asking her tonight. I swear if Adam and his fat ass mouth ruins the suprise, I will kill him.

Driving to the floral shop, I turn up the radio when a familiar song starts playing.

I park my Mustang and go into the building. Nevay greets me with a bright smile.

"Okay, so I already picked out a few of her favorites," Nevay leads me to a shelf that has Calla Lilys, pink Zinnias, and a variety of Orchids. I tell her I'll get them all and then she leads me to a boquet of Gardenias. The smell from the flowers relax me nervousness I've had all morning.

After I pay for all the flowers and load them into my car, Nevay stop me.

"Treat her right, and don't ever let you be the reason for her tears," she smiles and turns around, going back into the shop.

I would never let myself be the reason for her tears.

I drive to the restaurant we'll be dining at tonight, which is going to be rented out to just us. Knowing Tate, she probably wouldn't want everyone staring at her when I ask her to be my wife.

I have the workers arrange the flowers around our table we will eat at. I tip them and leave, going to the house.

I made sure everyone had a place to stay tonight, it's just going to be Tate and I...and Milo.

I take a shower, coming up with what to say when I propose.

Tate got back while I was in the shower. Quinton is helping her get ready as I get my suit on.