Chapter 43

"There will always be one moment in time when you want to be a child even if you cannot."

It's been a week since Xiaoqi was adopted. It was not at all calm and peaceful though.

First three days were good but on the fourth day there was a storm and an avalanche. Reason Yibo, Zhuo Cheng and KD went shopping with Xiaoqi. Zhan, Hai Kuan, Mom and Dad were Left at home.

Within a few hours Xiaoqi came running back with tears flowing. She rushed into Zhan's arms and hid her face. Seeing her in such a state brought panic to rest.

Hai Kuan worriedly asked, "Baby! What's wrong? Why are you in this way? Where are Yibo and the other two?"

Yibo, "We are here. Baby Sorry na please! Look We won't force you anymore. But please don't cry na."

Cheng, "Yes sweets sorry for earlier. Please don't cry."

KD, "I told you morons to behave. But no one listens to Genius nowadays. Now see how you both messed up?"

Yibo angrily said, "It's all because of you Both. She was happy with me. You both ruined it."

Cheng, "Why? It's not us, it's you who ruined it. She had agreed to My and KD's Choice."

Mom stomped her feet and with frustration said, "STOP!!!! All of You. Enough!! Not a word you three are allowed."

She then turned to Xiaoqi and lovingly patted her head and asked her What happened?

Xiaoqi stopped crying and said, "They made me feel very bad."

Zhan, "How Baby?"

Xiaoqi, "They asked me to choose which Barbie is more beautiful and to take that and also did the same with everything. If we went into a dress shop they bought 3 dresses and asked me to choose 1 and when I chose 1 the other two would Cry. In the Toy store,They brought 3 Barbies and asked me to choose 1 and when I said I liked this one, then they would say that The other two Barbies felt very sad and would cry for not being chosen. I don't want Barbie to cry. But I don't know which Barbie to choose."

Mom took a deep breath before bursting out, "How can you do such a crime? Don't you know never ever ask which Barbie is best? It's an unanswerable question. Each one of them is beautiful. On top of that how cruel it is to tell Baby that she is making Barbie sad."

Xiaoqi further said, "King Dad also said they would talk about all this when we are asleep like in Toystory movies. I haven't seen the movie, but he said it's a true movie where all toys become alive and talk. Is it True? Does Barbie Cry in Real? Does She really have more than 100 dresses."

Zhan with Xiaoqi still in his arms asked, "Baby You don't have to choose. And it's a Fairy tale Movie, we can't say if it's totally true or not. It's like we must always take care of our toys as it's good manners. As for your things, You can tell me or Besttie here we will get the one you want. Whichever Barbie you like will get that. Okay!"

Yibo cut Him off and said, "But we already bought many doll sets."

Hai Kuan, "How many is too many Yibo?"

Zhuo Cheng rubbing his neck nervously said, "Just 21 dolls and 6 kitchen sets, 3 baking sets, 6 play dough sets and a few more."

Mom yelled, "WHAT!! ARE YOU MAD?Who buys 21 Barbie dolls?"

KD, "But we were confused with which one was looking more beautiful, so we bought them all."

Dad, "You were confused! And yet you three wanted Baby to choose. How Cruel? But sweets, what made you Cry so much?"

Xiaoqi, "After that they took me to an Ice-cream Shop.I said I would have chocolate ice-cream, but ....."

Looking at her sad pout, Hai Kuan raised His eyebrow and asked, "What did You do?"

Yibo bit his lips and nervously said, "We got three different chocolate flavours and wanted Her to have one of the Three."

Zhan sighed, "I just don't believe this. You three are the worst elders ever. No wonder She got all frustrated and is crying. King at least You could have been more mature than these two."

KD, "Well I liked When I saw how confusing it was for these two so thought of helping them and joined in."

Mom, "Help them! How?"

KD, "Well giving one more option to choose from. Isn't it better to have more options? It's easy."

Dad, "Since When is having more options good? In fact it always confuses us more. Not only that, You guys even made fake sad faces when she didn't allow the one you choose. Just can't believe You three did all this."

Mom took Xiaoqi and turned to everyone and said, "From now on You three are forbidden to even buy a small hair clip for her. Don't even think of going shopping. If in future it's needed You will go with Zhan or Hai Kuan but not and never alone. Or else I shall make sure You have nothing with Zhan and Hai Kuan for One month. KD you also won't be able to have access to your DVDs. You know what I meant. Have I made myself Clear???"

Dad, "Looking at you three it's rightly said, Too many cooks spoil the broth."

Zhuo Cheng, "But Dad we were four so how come this saying suits us."

Dad, "It definitely suits you morons as you have just done what my Indian Friend once said. He said over there 3 and 4 means bad omen. Never works out. He once said, "Naal peru poyal nanichu porum" and it means if four persons go for any work then they will become a laughing matter for others. It's exactly what happened to you four."

Zhan and Hai Kuan both shook their heads in disappointment. Mom consoled Xiaoqi and within an hour She was all back to being happy and showed and asked Zhan and others to help her decorate her room with the toys she bought.

After sorting out Xiaoqi's stuff and all the other drama, everyone thought they could now have a peaceful life. But it's Life and it never lets you in peace unless you are not alive. It was on 5 th day they received summons in the name of Zhan to be presented at the court hearing after 10 days. It was regarding the case. Quinn had informed them already that Mark had denied Giving Zhan any work related to delivery of drugs without his permission. He had stated that Zhan knew everything from first and still went on with it.

Quinn suggested them to one of the Best Attorney who was a close friend too. On receiving the summons, they immediately called the attorney and started getting their case ready.

Once they went through everything,all thought this was only a passing phase and wouldn't be that difficult.

But they had no idea what life has in store for them....