Chapter 2

The autumn wind with the broken rain blew the window, rolled up a few yellowish bamboo leaves, and fell on the pineapple wood desk.

The fine cold rain fell on Jun Huailang's face, and he woke up faintly.

What he saw in front of him was the place he was most familiar with for more than 20 years. The carved wooden window in front of him is open, facing the lotus pond in his courtyard. Dozens of bamboos stand beside the window, which are thick enough to form a landscape of their own.

He is sitting at his desk, dozing on his arms. There are many scrolls on the table, and in front of him is a book of "Shangshu". The Ru kiln pen wash at the corner of the table was bought by his father in Huzhou a few years ago. A guqin stands beside the table, which he used to use since childhood. A jade chessboard is supported on the couch under the window, and there are also chess games that he has not solved.

It is the study he has used for more than 20 years, which is familiar and peaceful, but has an unreal feeling.

Isn't you... dead?

Parents died, the second brother died in the city, the king's family was destroyed, the cold rain and the butcher's knife in Xuanwumen, the younger sister was humiliated...

In this silence, it was as if nothing had happened.

He couldn't help but look down at his hand.

In his hand, he held a crumpled piece of paper.

Jun Huailang's pupils shrank suddenly, and hurriedly unfolded the piece of paper.

It is a corner of the page, the characters on it are very strange, they are clearly Chinese characters, but there are many strokes missing. The piece of paper was obviously grabbed unconsciously and vigorously, with wet and cold rain.

It reads: Xue Yan's lips curled into a cold arc, and she reached out and pinched her chin...

Jun Huailang's eyes narrowed.

Not a dream.

The things he remembered were real. I just don't know if he is in the underworld now, or...

At this moment, someone pushed the door and walked in.

Jun Huailang moved his finger and hid the piece of paper in his palm again. He looked up and saw a fourteen- or fifteen-year-old boy wearing a bunt, walking in with a smile.

"Master, I'll bring you the Huimo you asked for!" he said.

"...Fur clothes?" Jun Huailang was taken aback.

Fuyi is his book boy, only one year younger than him, and he grew up with him. On the day Yongning Hou's mansion was raided and Jun Huailang was taken away, in order to protect Jun Huailang, he had Jin Yiwei hacked to death in the mansion.

Why is Fuyi still alive now and looks like a little boy?

Fuyi didn't see the shock and doubt in his eyes at all. He took the piece of emblem ink to the table and skillfully polished it for him.

"The ink in the courtyard ran out, so the servant went to the master's study to fetch it for you. It's not the same as the one you use on weekdays, and I don't know if you're used to it..."

A light flashed in Jun Huailang's mind.

When he finished reading the book, several immortals came from the void and took him away from there. Listening to the immortal's words, I must have gone to a place where I shouldn't be by chance.