Chapter 42

The palace has always waited until the New Year's Eve to entertain the ministers. And every year in the small year, the concubines and princes in the palace gather together, which is regarded as a family banquet in the palace.

    The two brothers and sisters Jun Huailang lived in the palace and went to the banquet together this year.

    The banquet was held in the Changchun Building in the northwest corner of Taiye Lake. The Changchun Building is three-storey high, half facing the water, with a terrace for viewing the view above. It is very elegant to watch the lotus in summer and snow in winter. The family banquets in the palace have always been set here.

    Seeing that it was time for the banquet, Jun Huailang led Jun Linghuan out of the door together. The concubines and concubines had to greet the empress first, so Concubine Shu went an hour early and did not join them.

    Arriving at the entrance of Mingluan Palace, Jun Huailang did not forget to send Fuyi to call Xue Yan.

    When the new year came, the palace was already decorated. Except for those special objects for New Year's Eve, the rest were all decorated. It was the first time that Jun Linghuan saw the sight of the Chinese New Year in the palace, and it was the first time he saw many things.

    So, the three of them walked together, and it was very lively along the way. Jun Linghuan has always talked a lot, and everything he sees is novel. There are many words along the way, and Jun Huailang listens carefully and responds to her with a smile.

    Xue Yan silently walked beside him.

    When he arrived at the entrance of Changchun Building, Jun Huailang suddenly made an "eh" and stopped.

    "Brother what did you see?" Jun Linghuan hurriedly followed his gaze and looked there.

    On the corner of the flying eaves of Changchun Tower, there is a clear glass lamp hanging. The lantern was quite small, in the shape of a hexagonal palace lantern, but it was exquisitely carved. Bamboo patterns were fired on all six sides. From a distance, the bamboo shadow swayed, which was particularly clear and delicate.

    Jun Linghuan only glanced at it, and was attracted by the silk flowers hanging next to her. On the contrary, Jun Huailang stopped there and glanced at it several times involuntarily.

    For a moment, he smiled and said to himself: "There are still many skilled craftsmen in the palace."

    After he finished speaking, he saw Jun Linghuan waiting quietly beside him, he smiled and rubbed the top of her hair, turned to Xue Yan and said, "Let's go."

    Passing where Jun Huailang was standing just now, Xue Yan raised her head and glanced in that direction.

    It's just a broken lamp, transparent, with some green patterns on it. There is no difference except that it looks brighter than other lights.

    However, when Jun Huailang looked at this lamp just now, it was so... beautiful?

    Xue Yan involuntarily glanced at the unremarkable broken lamp again.

    When they arrived at the banquet hall of Changchun Building, Xue Yunhuan was already sitting in it. He slipped down according to the seat order, and he happened to be sitting next to Xue Yan, with Jun Huailang and Jun Linghuan sitting on the other side.

     Taking a seat, Xue Yunhuan saw Jun Huailang talking to Jun Linghuan with her head lowered, and turned to ask Xue Yan, "Hey, you didn't come in at the door for a long time, what are you looking at? ?"