Chapter 46

Early on New Year's Eve, Mingluan Palace set off firecrackers in the courtyard.

    Zheng Guangde and a few little eunuchs ran around in the front yard to shoot cannons. Concubine Shu sat under the porch in front of the main hall and watched, with a heavy fur blanket on her legs. Seeing that Concubine Shu was in a very good mood, the eunuchs came to the rescue and hung up on the spot. The sound of firecrackers never stopped since dawn.

    In the early morning, Mingluan Palace was the busiest in the whole palace.

    Baiji was on the side, pouring warm tea for Concubine Shu. The little palace maid next to her laughed and joked: "Everyone has to wait for thirty nights to set off firecrackers, but we are in the palace early."

     Concubine Shu sat on a chair covered with tiger skins, and hummed slowly and coquettishly: "Bengong can set it off whenever he wants, even if it's not the New Year's Day, Igong wants to set off firecrackers. Look, who dares to stop me?"

    The people around her naturally smiled and responded to her, praising Concubine Shu with joy.

    Not long after, Jun Huailang led Jun Linghuan out of the east hall to Concubine Shu. Concubine Shu ordered someone to bring them table and chairs and snacks, and asked them to stay by the side to watch the fun with her.

     Concubine Shu smiled and rubbed her hair: "Does this palace still know? After tonight, fireworks will be set off in the palace, and then ask your brother to lead you, Go upstairs and see."

    As soon as Jun Linghuan heard the fireworks, his eyes were shining, and he nodded at Concubine Shu: "Okay!"

     Jun Huailang heard the words, but glanced at the west hall.

    Today, Mingluan Palace was decorated with lanterns, red silk and lanterns hanging all over the place.

    On the west side of the hall, the doors and windows are closed as usual.

    He didn't know, the west hall was dead silent at this time.

    And Jin Bao knelt in front of Xue Yan, and didn't dare to let out the air.

    Xue Yan holds a secret letter in his hand.

    This is what Jinbao went to Xidingmen early this morning to get it back. During his vigil last night, he saw the signal from the gate of Xidingmen. The signal came from Xue Yan's dead soldiers. In addition to the regular handover, if there was an emergency report outside the palace, they would send such a signal in the direction of Xidingmen.

    So Jinbao went to Xidingmen early in the morning, complaining and cursing against the cold wind of the New Year's Eve.

    It's a shame to sacrifice his life for his master.

    However, when he received the secret letter, Jinbao couldn't scold.

    "This letter concerns the cause of death of the mother and the child." The dead man said when he handed the letter to Jinbao. "Don't talk too much, just bring the letter with you."

    Jin Bao Nuo Nuo should be.

    When he brought the letter back, he saw that the master was reading the letter silently, and there was no movement for a long time.

    Jinbao muttered in his heart, only to feel that his master was also miserable. Who would be in a hurry to receive the cause of death of their mother during the Chinese New Year?