Chapter 17

That night, Jinbao held the lamp for Xue Yan, packed her clothes, but did not leave.

    Xue Yan was holding a scroll of military books under the lamp, and saw a shadow dangling in front of the lamp, without raising his eyes, he turned a page of the book: "Don't roll?"

    But Jin Bao laughed.

    Xue Yan raised his eyes and glanced at him inexplicably.

    Seeing Jinbao kneeling down in front of him, he smiled a little shyly and said, "The servant thanks the master for saving his life today."

    He always thought that this master was a man-eating evil spirit, but he didn't expect that he was cold-hearted and would sacrifice his life to save a slave whose life was like a mustard.

    Under the lamp, Xue Yan's light-colored eyes glanced at him lightly, and then landed on the book again.

    "At that time, there were people from Dongchang staring at the side. It was the little Weizi in our courtyard." He said lightly, his tone was very cold. "Presumably Concubine Shu can't let anyone in here. I went to Wenhua Palace yesterday, and the East Factory knew about it, so she stared at me there."

    Speaking of this, Xue Yan curled her lips coldly and looked at Jinbao: "Show him the show. I have been bullied by several princes, and I can sacrifice my life to save a eunuch. I want to come to Dongchang. Now that you know, you will trust me a little more."

    After all, there are all eunuchs in the East Factory. This kind of person looks arrogant, but in fact is very sensitive and inferior, it is most suitable for them to play this kind of play.

    Jinbao was dumbfounded. He looked at Xue Yan's calm and cold eyes, and suddenly felt a little silly for his grateful expression.

      Before you die, someone will take care of you."

    Speaking, he put his eyes back on the book and summed it up lightly: "Idiot."

    Jinbao: “….”

    Sure enough, this is the true appearance of his master.

    Perhaps today, the gate of **** has been closed, and Jinbao is more courageous. Hearing Xue Yan's words, his brain became hot, and he retorted in a low voice: "Today, His Royal Highness also thinks that you are trying to save the slaves, and it is not the slaves who think so."

    Xue Yan twitched the book's fingers.

    Jin Bao was afraid after speaking, looked up nervously, and saw Xue Yan staring at the book in silence, as if recalling something. The lights jumped in his eyes, and the look in his eyes was complicated, Jinbao couldn't understand it, but the corners of his lips seemed to raise an inaudible arc.

    Different from his usual ridicule, sarcasm, sneer, and smirk, his smile was warm, which made Jinbao feel a little terrified.

    Is it not a hallucination?

    In just a moment, his expression disappeared, and he was even colder than before.

    He turned his head and glanced at Jinbao coldly with amber eyes.

    "So, don't talk too much in front of him."

    The voice was very soft, but Jin Bao’s back was numb with fright.

    Yes, this is the man-eating evil he knew.

    —

    After this day, it seemed as if that incident had never happened. Xue Yan was still alone. When he was studying and practicing martial arts, he and Jun Huailang were still like strangers.