Chapter 56

There have been rumors in the DPRK and China recently, saying that the fifth prince suddenly got the emperor's blue eye and entered the punishment department at a young age.

    How much honor is that?

    Some people say that it was because Emperor Qing Ping favored Concubine Shu and favored the royal family, some people said that Xue Yan secretly had some tricks, and some people said that it was because other princes frequently caused trouble and attracted the attention of the emperor to him.

    No matter what the reason is, in a word, everyone knows that Xue Yan has had great luck.

     But Xue Yan felt annoyed.

    In the past, Emperor Qing Ping hated him, and he wished that there was no such person in the palace. Instead, he was happy to be quiet and planned and arranged by himself, and there was nothing difficult to do. On the contrary, this time, the fate of his evil star was solved in front of Emperor Qingping. He suddenly seemed to be ill and became his own father overnight.

    Xue Yan never knew that having a biological father was such a troublesome thing.

    Not only was he summoned to talk one after another, but he also found a useless position for him in the punishment department, and he had to do trivial chores every day.

      Generally, you can't catch up.

    It also led to several temptations from Dongchang, and taught him to spend a lot of time and show sincerity before appeasing them.

    However, for Xue Yan, all these things can be considered. Only one thing, like a flame falling on a dry pyre, ignited all the things that annoyed him.

    Xue Yan irritably pulled out the hidden compartment on the carriage, and took out a thin book from it.

    Due Sutra.

    He opened the scripture book with one hand and read it boringly.

    The thing that annoyed him the most was that Jun Huailang was gone.

    As if leaving no trace at all, when he returned to Mingluan Palace, even the luggage in the east hall was emptied. The huge side hall was re-locked, as if no one had ever lived in it.

    That person disappeared from his world without a sound, just when he vaguely understood what kind of feelings he had for the other party.

    The heart was bumping left and bumping against the iron fence all day long, making him in a bad mood every day.

    And today, another boring case fell into his hands.

    It seems that Emperor Qingping intends to give him a chance to show his talents, so that he can be seen by all officials in the court and also by Emperor Qingping himself. And the officials of the Ministry of Punishment also have their hearts and minds, and if there are any important cases, they will be handed over to him, so that they can sell him some favors.

    Although Xue Yan didn't want to appreciate it, the official was considered his top no matter what, and he had to do the assigned tasks.

    The official asked him to recover the son of a household official who had embezzled huge sums of money.

    The boy is the official's direct son. After his father was sacked, the Ministry of Punishment plundered his home as usual. Unexpectedly, the account book of the stolen home could not match the number, and there was a deficit of more than 10,000 taels of silver.