Chapter 47

When Jun Huailang passed the red seal, he was also taken aback by the thickness.

      Such a thick stack of silver bills, no matter how large the amount, is too amazing.

    "...What are you giving me so much for?" Jun Huailang made him frightened, and his words were a little floating.

    "Not much, New Year's money." Xue Yan said lightly.

    Jun Huailang was dumbfounded.

      He took one out of it at random, took it with the red envelope, and stuffed the rest into Xue Yan's hands.

    Xue Yan did not answer.

    "Not all my money, I still have it," he said.

    He wasn't lying. King Yan had no wife and no children. Since he was able to lead troops two years ago, King Yan even handed him the keys to his private treasury. Yan County wanted to raise soldiers and people, so naturally he was not short of money. When King Yan died, all the gold and silver in Yan land would be his.

    However, the Yanyun Iron Cavalry needs to be paid, and the dead soldiers brought back also need to be supported. So Xue Yan really doesn't have much money to spend on him, so he can only take out these.

    He returned to the palace, only the money he brought with him. He wanted to return a gift to Jun Huailang to repay the jade koi he gave him, and he was the only one who could afford this amount of money.

    Jun Huailang could not laugh or cry, so he gave the stack of silver notes to Jinbao.

    Although Jinbao hurts, how dare you take it? He hurriedly turned his hands behind his back and ducked back, wishing that he hadn't given birth to these two hands in his mother's womb.

    Jun Huailang had no choice but to threaten him.

    "If you don't answer, I'll be angry," he said. "I gave you a red seal, but it was just a wish to seek good luck. What did you take me for by paying me so much money?"

    Xue Yan was a little flustered when he heard what he said.

    Of course he didn't pay Jun Huailang. He just felt that it was too little to give, so he simply gave him what he could.

    Anyway, he was in the palace and had no place to spend money, and he never took it to heart. He only felt that this thing was cheap, and he couldn't come up with anything else for a while, so he had to give more.

    Jun Huailang saw that he was in a rare panic, and he couldn't bear it, but he still kept his face straight, and took this opportunity to put the silver note back into Xue Yan's hand.

    At this moment, he lowered his eyes and saw the amount of the silver note in his hand.

    …five thousand taels.

    Jun Huailang couldn't hold back, a little smile appeared on his face.

    He knew that Xue Yan was not short of money. After all, he was the only child under King Yan's knees, and in his previous life he could easily incorporate Yanyun's iron cavalry, who had already belonged to the Yanmenguan garrison. But he didn't expect that this man would be so sincere, and he would take out so much of his family's wealth just to make New Year's money for others.

    I don't know if His Royal Highness King Qin in a few years will know if he still has such a simple time.

    Jun Huailang held back a smile and reluctantly exchanged a smaller denomination from the large stack of silver notes in Xue Yan's hand.