Chapter 58

Now that it's March, the snow in Chang'an should have melted, but the vegetation in the south of the Yangtze River has grown gratifyingly. In particular, the bananas in the Jinling Governor's Mansion are growing particularly well this year. A refreshing green color can be seen from a distance through the window panes.

    It's just that the weather is not very good this year.

    Since the beginning of spring, the rain in the south of the Yangtze River has never stopped. When it rains a lot, moss will grow on the walls, and the air will be very humid, making people uncomfortable.

    It rained for several days, until this day, the sky finally cleared up.

    In the early morning, just as Jun Huailang got up, he opened his doors and windows when he brushed his clothes, saying that he wanted to get some sunshine.

    "But it's rare that it's sunny!" Jun Huailang said with a smile, while Fuyi was still beside him. "When I came here last year, I didn't hear that it always rained in the spring in Jiangnan? But the sun finally came out today, so I feel more comfortable."

    The maids and servants in the room were all happy. Most of Jun Huailang's servants here came from Chang'an within a year. Chang'an is drier. Who has lived through such a wet spring?

    Although Jun Huailang smiled lightly, he nodded, but he was not very happy.

    He looked up at the window.

    The buildings in Jiangnan are mostly white walls and black tiles. The sun is just right now, and the early morning sun is shining brightly on the green bamboo and plantains and rockery pavilions outside. very.

    He sighed indifferently and turned his eyes away.

    He knows that Jiangnan is not rainy in spring, but this spring, which is especially rainy.

    In summer, it will rain heavily in the south of the Yangtze River, causing the river to swell and flooding the fertile farmhouses. The previous life was the summer of this year. The floods in the south of the Yangtze River shook the capital, and the emperor urgently sent an imperial decree, asking his father to be ordered to control the flood.

    Since then, there has been a huge shortage of money and food for disaster relief, a plague broke out in the south of the Yangtze River, a revolt of refugees, and his father was convicted and beheaded...all in this year.

    So this year, he is preparing for this summer. His father was the chief examiner of the imperial examinations in the Jiangnan region this year. He is now in Jiangnan, not the capital, so he has to avoid suspicion and cannot participate in this year's imperial examinations like in his previous life.

    But it also provides some convenience for him. He is already eighteen now, and it is said that he has reached the age to be an official in the imperial examinations. But now, he has to be idle for three years at home, so he has a lot of spare time.

    He consulted with his father, and when he had nothing to do, he would go to the yamen to do some chores with him. After his father agreed, he could go in and out of the Jinling mansion from time to time and come into contact with some files and accounts. When they go out for inspection, he can also accompany them.

    As for the officials who came with his father, who was in charge of the transcripts, who was in charge of the accounts, and what kind of people they were, he had a rough idea.

    Jun Huailang knew that among the people who murdered his father in the past life, there must be officials around him.

    Everyday things are complicated, and his father will not be able to solve it by himself. After making a decision, he will distribute it to everyone to implement. Only the officials around him who help him can make his father fall into the charge of greed with ink and do it without showing any traces.