Chapter 12

At night, although the snow had stopped, the wind was howling outside the window. The cold wind rustled the snow in the courtyard, making the window paper rattle.

    The main hall of Mingluan Palace is connected to the earth dragon of the east side hall. It burned a few days ago, but it was very warm. But Jun Linghuan was frightened by the howling wind, and insisted that Jun Huailang accompany her and tell her stories.

    Jun Huailang was a little absent-minded.

    Dian Cui was abnormal today, he scrutinized it a few times, and he felt a little drum in his heart.

    According to Concubine Shu's character, although she is arrogant and domineering, she does not rarely do things that are deliberately embarrassing. She seldom intervenes in large and small affairs, and leaves it to Dian Cui to handle it.

    What if Dian Cui made an assertion and did some evil things in her name?

    Thinking of the mysterious death of Concubine Shu in her previous life, Jun Huailang felt a little restless.

    What's more, it's really cold today. Although the dragons were burning in their halls, cold winds still penetrated through the cracks of the windows, bringing a chill to the bones.

    Jun Huailang could not forget Xue Yan's thin clothes and the pitiful luggage in the hand of the little **** who followed him.

    Jun Huailang fought with himself in his heart.

    At this moment, Jun Linghuan shook his arm and asked, "Brother, then what?"

    Jun Huailang was taken aback: "Huh?"

    Jun Linghuan asked again: "Then the scholar met the snake monster on the way to the exam, and then what?"

    Jun Huailang only realized that he had just stopped halfway through the story.

    He apologized softly: "Sorry, my brother was a little absent-minded today. Said that the scholar encountered a heavy rain on the way and was trapped on the boat."

    Jun Linghuan opened his mouth and asked in a low voice, "What is your brother thinking?"

    As soon as Jun Huailang lowered his head, he met those clear eyes, and he couldn't hide the concern inside. His heart was sour, and he felt that his thoughts of being a woman were too sorry for the humiliation Jun Linghuan suffered in his previous life.

    He said in a low voice, "Brother just now, I want to go to the west side hall to see that brother who just moved here."

    Jun Linghuan said as it should be: "Then brother, let's go. I heard from the palace ladies and sisters two days ago that the dragon in the west side hall is broken, and the room is cold. They went to clean for two days and got frostbite on their hands."

    Jun Huailang paused and said in a low voice, "But he's a bad guy."

    Jun Linghuan asked nervously: "What bad thing did he do?"

    This made Jun Huailang unable to answer. He paused for a moment and said truthfully: "Although he has done nothing wrong now, he will do it in the future."

    Speaking, he added: "It will do very bad things."

    Jun Linghuan will never doubt Jun Huailang's words. She gave a long ooh, but instead began to think hard.

    After thinking about it for a long time, she still couldn't figure it out: "Brother, if he is not born a bad person, why did he become bad?"