Chapter 51

There is no burning dragon in the hall.

    Xue Yan's robes have been changed, dry and clean, embellished with thick fur. Jin Bao was not waiting by his side. He was alone, kneeling at the desk in front of the Buddha and copying sutras.

    The candle in front of the Buddha statue lit quietly, shining on the peaceful and kind face of the golden Buddha statue. There was a faint sound of wooden fish outside the window, quiet and ethereal, like a farce in the palace tonight, and it has nothing to do with it.

    A candle was placed on Xue Yan's desk.

    Xue Yan raised his eyes and saw a young monk standing at the table, looking young, at most ten years old.

    Seeing that Xue Yan recognized him, the little monk smiled slightly, folded his hands at him, and made a Buddha salute.

      Buddhist verses from here.

    Xue Yan snorted contemptuously after hearing this.

    The little monk was stunned for a moment and said Amitabha.

    "Didn't you do it for that benefactor?" he asked. "Now in the palace, there is indeed an evil spirit doing evil. Although this evil spirit is not on the donor, it endangers the donor's body. Isn't that why the donor copied scriptures and recited Buddha?"

    Xue Yan heard the words, threw the pen, leaned back with his arms folded, looked up at the Buddha statue in front of him, and said, "Does the Buddha care about this?"

    The little monk said: "As long as the donor is sincere, there will be something in return."

    Xue Yan glanced at him and slowly picked up the pen again.

    "The Buddha can't control it," he said. "If he had managed it, these people would have died long ago."

    He is indeed copying the scriptures here, but he is not really trying to suppress his evil spirits. He was born with this evil spirit, and if he copied the scriptures, he could be cured, what kind of evil star came down to earth?

    He can only distinguish between natural disasters and man-made disasters.

    It's just that when dealing with man-made disasters, you need to put on a bit of piety and superstition.

    He looked up and looked at the majestic Buddha statue.

    "The Buddha can't handle it, but I can." Xue Yan said. "I can bless him without asking the Buddha. I will kill the evil that the Buddha cannot kill."

    He has never tasted such bone-shattering heartache tonight, nor has he had such a strong impulse to repay the debt with blood.

    —

    A morning star hung in the dark black sky.

    The scriptures in Xue Yan's hand were piled up in a thin stack, and the lamp on the desk was gradually burning dry. He quietly lowered his head and copied the scriptures, vaguely hearing footsteps behind him.

    "Five Highness!" Xue Yan turned around and saw a **** kneeling outside the palace, reporting. "His Royal Highness has subsided. The emperor is grateful for your merit in copying the scriptures. Please return to the Yongle Hall to resume your life."

    Xue Yan's hand holding the pen loosened without a trace. Through the gap between his fingers and the barrel, he could see his fingertips that were slightly reddened by the barrel.