Chapter 38

When Jinbao returned to the west hall, his legs were soft.

    "Go back to His Highness, everything has been cleaned up." Jin Bao saluted. "It's just that there is still a little blood on the box, which has already seeped in. Eunuch Zheng said that he would return to His Highness for a new box."

    Xue Yan turned a page of the book and hummed.

    Jinbao let out a long breath.

    Since he followed Xue Yan, if nothing else, his ability to bear has been forced to grow a lot.

    The man was knocked to death on the box, blood dripping all over the floor. Before this, Jinbao had only seen killing chickens. When did he ever see a living person die in front of him?

      Two, don't rush to return them.

    After that, as soon as Dian Cui looked for him, he was discovered by Xue Yan's little ancestor.

    The little ancestor smiled slightly after knowing the cause and effect, and what His Royal Highness asked him to do.

    "What a coincidence." He said to Jinbao. "I also have one thing I want you to do."

    Jinbao felt a chill at that time and felt that there was nothing good.

    Sure enough. Xue Yan actually asked him to get in touch with the dead men lurking outside the imperial city, and asked the dead men to get saffron and musk for him.

    Jin Bao wants to go directly to the imperial hospital to get it, after all, it is just some ordinary medicine, and it is not worth it to risk contacting outside the palace for them.

    But Xue Yan disagreed.

    “Those medicines have to come from unknown sources,” he said.

    Jin Bao naturally didn't dare to ask why, so he had to ask Xue Yan what to do after getting the medicine.

    I didn't expect that what his master wanted him to do was worse than contacting the dead outside the palace.

    "Go and hide these things in Diancui's room." Xue Yan put some needles and threads on the table and ordered. "There will definitely be some medicines in her room, hidden in places that seem obvious but not noticeable in reality. You can look for incense burners, make-up boxes, tea pots, etc., and after you find them, pack some of them and hide them in her room together. , and bring some back."

    This... do it in someone's room?

    Jin Bao was frightened enough.

    But his little life, along with his family, young and old, is all in Xue Yan's hands.

    His potential was forced out by this kind of coercion, and he succeeded in doing all these things according to Xue Yan's instructions.

    So, on that day, he watched Xue Yan and Jun Huailang's arrangement and forced Dian Cui to death step by step.

    Jinbao's hands were also stained with blood.

    Besides him, there is no other servant in the west hall. He was so frightened that his legs were spinning in circles. He only thought that Diancui would demand his life from him in his dream, but he still held a strong breath, pretended not to know, and took someone to dispose of the corpse and clean up the blood.

    After all, if he reveals his faults, he will still be the first to die.

    However, Jinbao still has some doubts.