Chapter 7

When the thirty sticks were finished, the white marble stone steps were already stained with bright red blood.

    The Jinwu guards took their sticks and entered the hall to resume their lives. Only Xue Yan was left, kneeling in front of the steps alone.

    He lowered his head a little, panted for a moment, or stretched out his hand, barely supporting it on the stone steps. Jun Huailang subconsciously wanted to step forward, but saw that he was already supporting the ground and slowly stood up.

    He suddenly remembered what Xue Yunhuan told him today.

    He watched Xue Yan turn around and left alone. He walked very slowly, with a vague stagger, and walked a long way. No one came to help him. Only he seemed to be unsteady, and raised his hand and pressed it on the white marble armrest of Panlong.

    When Jun Huailang came back to his senses, there was only dark red blood left in front of him.

    In the education he received since he was a child, the most heinous people are self-inflicted.

    But no one ever told him that some wicked people, in the long years that others could not see, walked alone in desperation for many years, and no one ever reached out to him.

    He was used to it himself.

    —

    After Jin Wuwei was reinstated, the banquet ended unhappily. Concubine Shu hurriedly sent Dian Cui, the maid next to her, to support Jun Huailang and send him back.

    Xue Yunhuan also hurried over with Jun Linghuan. Seeing Jun Huailang standing alone under the palace lantern, her lips turning white, Xue Yunhuan was startled and rushed forward: "They beat you too?"

    Jun Huailang took another look at the bloodstain. There are already eunuchs carrying buckets to wash the stone steps. The bloodstains faded under the flushing of the water and were easily wiped off.

    "I'm fine." Jun Huailang returned to his senses and said softly.

    Xue Yunhuan was still worried and sent him back to Concubine Shu's Mingluan Palace in person. Although such a big mistake happened today, Jun Huailang and Jun Linghuan still had to move to the palace.

    Mingluan Palace is luxurious, and the location is excellent, it will be there in no time.

    Jun Huailang looked up in front of the palace gate, and saw gold and jade piled up everywhere, even the dougongs were carved with tangled branches of peony and decorated with gold powder. Bypassing the delicate small garden in the courtyard is the main hall of Mingluan Palace, with four side halls in the front and rear, connected by a veranda.

    After Xue Yunhuan returned, Jun Huailang and Jun Linghuan were led to the side hall on the east side. The side hall is the closest to the main hall, the windows face the sun, and the ground dragon in winter is also connected to the main hall.

    It was getting dark, Jun Linghuan started to doze off halfway. Not long after returning to the room, he fell asleep. Jun Huailang waited for her to fall asleep, and then returned to his palace.

    The maids cleaned and washed him, and let him change into his bedclothes, then they all retired. Jun Huailang didn't feel sleepy. He lit the lamp by himself, sat under the window, and looked at the moonlight outside.

    He thought, he needs to be quiet.

    At this moment, someone knocked on the door from outside. The palace maid whispered that Concubine Shu was here.