Chapter 66

Jinbao trotted behind him all the way, holding an oil-paper umbrella in his hand, he didn't dare to say a word.

    He followed his master to the outskirts of Jinling to inspect the water conservancy today, and it started to rain just before noon. Fortunately, there were umbrellas in their carriage, and Duke Yongning was very serious and stubborn in his work, so they braved the rain until just now before they finished inspecting the fields and rushed to the city.

    As soon as you enter the city, two miles east is Linjiang Academy. There was no one on the road at the moment, and through the window, I could just see a scholar running all the way home in the rain.

    The tunic was soaked by the rain.

    "Stop." Xue Yan who was sitting by the window suddenly said.

    They came out today in the Yamen's car. The whole way was mighty and mighty. As soon as Xue Yan's car stopped, the cars of the officials who followed behind stopped.

    "Master?" Jinbao hurriedly came over and waited for his orders.

    "Go and tell Shen Zhifu, I have something to do, let them go back to the yamen first." Xue Yan said.

    Jinbao hurriedly got out of the car in the rain and went to find Shen Zhifu.

    Therefore, the car at the front of the convoy drove off the road and turned towards Linjiang Academy.

    "What is the master going to do in the academy?" Jinbao was puzzled.

    Jin Bao closed his mouth angrily.

    He didn't know, but yesterday his master was so drunk that he was half dizzy and half awake, and he still clearly remembered that Jun Huailang said that he would come to Jiang Academy to study these days, or would he still With that Shen Liufeng.

    This person who does not like to eat sour can remember it for a long time after eating it.

    Linjiang Academy is built on the riverside. Although it occupies a large area, due to the terrain, the road at the entrance is not wide. All the official roads in Jinling City can run four carriages in parallel, but only two carriages can run in parallel at the entrance of Linjiang Academy.

    The carriage stopped at the intersection, and had to avoid pedestrians and move in little by little.

    Xue Yan frowned.

    He came today, and he didn't know whether Jun Huailang was gone or whether he brought an umbrella. Just thinking that he might return to the house in the rain, he couldn't help but come here.

    This will make him feel a little irritable when he sees the scholars all over the road.

    I can't get in for a long time, what if Jun Huailang has already left in the rain?

    "Stop." Thinking of this, Xue Yan said loudly.

    The carriage stopped by the side of the road.

    Before Jinbao could react, he saw Xue Yan took the umbrella from his hand and got out of the car with a bow. Jinbao was in a hurry, he quickly took out a spare umbrella from under the seat, and jumped out of the car.

    I saw his master holding an umbrella, stepping on the bluestone floor full of stagnant water, and walking all the way to the academy.

    Jinbao followed behind confused, until he saw the blue figure under the eaves of the academy, and then he suddenly realized what his master was here for.