002

"You want something, Freak?" Jason asked as he stood up from his seat in the cafeteria. Eddie stood on the lunch table, making a devil face. "Prick." Jason quietly said before sitting back down. 

"It's forced conformity," Eddie started as he turned back to the Hellfire members, walking across the table. "That's what's killing the kids."

Eddie ran off the table scaring a teacher, then letting a group of cheerleaders walk past. 

"That's the real monster," he spoke quietly as he sat down at the table. 

"So, Eddie, my sister wanted me to ask you if.."Dustin started.

"Your sister, Danielle Henderson? Wanted you to ask me something for her? What afraid of me or something?"

"She has to interview the Hellfire club for a paper she is writing and wanted to interview you, but she wanted me to if that would even be something you would want to do.." Dustin started to go on a nervous tangent.

"Yea, she can interview me for her little paper. Who else does she want to interview?" 

"Anyone else who wants to."

"No takers?" Eddie asked in a sarcastically surprised voice. "You all are monsters."

"Speaking of monsters, Lucas has to do his uh balls in laundry baskets game tonight so he's not gonna be able to make it to Hellfire tonight," Dustin said nervously laughing. "And I know there is no way we can beat your sadistic campaign without him. So me and Mike, we were talking, shooting the shit, and thinking, maybe we might.." 

Mike interrupts,

"Postpone."

An uproar began at the table.

"Shut up!" Eddie barked. "You saying Sinclair's been taken by the dark side?"

"Uh, something like that," Mike responded.

"Something like that?" Eddie asked in a mocking way, throwing a chip at Dustin and Mike. 

"And rather find a sub for him, you want to postpone 'The Cult of Vecna'?"

"I don't want to postpone... We don't want to postpone it. It's just that, you know, most of the subs are gonna be at the championship game."

"Oh, it's the championship game?" Eddie asked as he stood up from his seat, seeming invested.

"Yea?" Mike responded confused. 

"Can I level with you? Jeff graduates this year. Garrets got what? A year and a half? Me, I am army crawling my way towards a D in Ms. O'Donnells. If I don't blow her final, I'm gonna walk that stage next month. I'm gonna look Principal Higgins dead in the eyes. I'm gonna flip him the bird. I'm gonna snatch that diploma, then run like hell out of here." Eddie turned around without looking running into someone. Her books dropped to the ground and she just about slipped on her spilled water bottle. 

~

"Chrissy? Are you in here?" I looked under each stall and didn't see her classic white cheer shoes. She wasn't out in the hallway either and this is where we always meet before lunch. A stall opened and Max walked out.

"Hey Dani," Max greeted me. I gave her a small smile and waved.

"Have you seen Chrissy?" I asked.

"I saw her earlier in another bathroom, she sounded upset."

"Oh, no, I wonder what happened. Thanks anyway, Max." I turned to walk out of the bathroom.

"Do you still have nightmares?" She asked.