028

"Who was she?" I asked as Eddie sat on the couch with a beer in his hand.

"Why do you think need to know? You got boring, so I found someone who is better than you." He stood up walking toward me in the kitchen.

"I thought you loved me, Eddie." The look in Eddie's eyes scared me as he grabbed my arms. "That hurts." I tried to pull loose of his grip but he just gripped harder.

"No, that's you who is all in with love and that bullshit." He pushed me to the ground, knocking the wind out of me. "How could anyone love you? You are a little bitch," The feeling of his boots on my ribs felt like a thousand knives. I began to taste the blood I was choking on. "Mommy and Daddy couldn't even love you. How could you think I would be any different? You're just a stupid whore." He was now leaning over me strangling me with all his force.

"Please, Eddie, I'm sorry."

"You're sorry?" He asked as I began seeing spots, the anger in his eyes boiling. "Sorry doesn't cut it this time, bitch." 

I woke up covered in sweat, not knowing where I was as I began to panic. I looked down to see I was only wearing a t-shirt that wasn't mine. Next to me was Eddie, who was sound asleep. I gently crawled out of bed, looking for my clothes. Once I found them I opened the bedroom door.

"Where are you going?" I heard Eddie ask half asleep. 

"Just to the bathroom, go back to sleep." I whispered as I walked out to the kitchen. I found my jeans and put them on as I walked to the phone on the wall. I dialed Chrissy and waited for her to pick up. 

"Hello?" I heard her ask sleepily. 

"Chrissy, it's Dani. Can you come to pick me up? I'm at Eddie's." 

"Yea, I'll be there in like ten minutes." I heard getting up. "Did something happen, D?" 

"No, I just need to go home and Eddie fell asleep, so I don't want to wake him." 

"Ok, I'll be there soon." She hung up and I walked outside and sat on the steps as I waited for Chrissy. The air felt cold and windy on my skin. I saw Chrissy pull in and got up from the step, walking up to her car. I got up and she looked sleepy. 

"Are you ok?" She asked. 

"Yea, why wouldn't I be?" 

"You look like you are about to break down crying." I looked in the mirror and she was right, I was trying not to feel anything. I felt horrible because of my dream and even worse because I was leaving Eddie without telling him. 

"No, I'm fine. I'm just tired." Chrissy began driving and no words were exchanged. I looked at the time and it was five in the morning. 

"What time did you and Eddie leave last night?" 

"Maybe one thirty, I"m not sure." I looked out the window and noticed how full the moon was. "Do you have a thing for Steve?" I turned to Chrissy whose cheeks were turning red. 

"Why would you say that?" She asked looking over at me. 

"You two just seemed really close last night. We aren't ones to keep secrets from each other, Chrissy." 

"Fine, I have a little crush on him, but he probably has tons of girls lined up." I gave a small laugh and Chrissy looked over at me. "What?" 

"He is so single it's funny, C." 

"Really?" She asked looking shocked as I nodded. "What about you and Eddie? Anything happen there?" 

I turned my face away from Chrissy who gasped.