[38] family

"Thank you for the food Uncle!" Kaycee exclaims and lets out a small burp by accident, making all of them laugh.

"Always. Just let me know when you're swinging by again, I don't mind cooking a little more than usual. If that is to feed my future daughter-in-law, of course." Sean's dad teases Sean and gives him the look. Sean shakes his head furiously but his eyes suggest otherwise.

"Hey! What's the deal about it huh? Jealous?" Kaycee teases alongside his father and now Sean was getting double attacked.

"Dad! Kaycee!" Sean exclaims and Kaycee and his dad laughs.

"Alright, you probably wanna use the garage right? I just got it cleaned up and ready for you to use." Sean's dad's smile doesn't falter and Sean's eyes instantly twinkles.

"Aww dad, you didn't have to! Thank you." Sean hugs his dad and tightly wraps his arms around his arms longer than he usually does, just to show his genuine gratitude.

"Of course. You're my son, right?"

Hearing those words come out of someone that isn't even his biological dad, but took up the duty of it regardless made Sean tear a little in joy.

"And you will always be my dad." Sean giggles in his embrace and they both share a warm moment together.

"I love you dad."

"I love you too, son."

-

They both stare at the ceiling together, with their backs laying down on the cold wooden floor, and brainstorming ideas.

Well, not really brainstorming. They always fell asleep in that position but they still insist that they are thinking about ideas, in their dreams. Whatever floats their boat then.

"Remember those clips we took of us dancing? How about not putting them to waste and actually making it into a video that our fans can watch?" Kaycee finally speaks up, which surprised Sean because she would usually be the one dozing off first.

"Kayc..."

"That wasn't a good idea?"

"Kayc..."

"Maybe I'll think of something else then."

"Kayc, that sounds like a brilliant idea! You're an absolute genius like always." Sean pats her head and plants a kiss on her forehead.

Kaycee points at her lips. Sean goes ahead and gives her a quick kiss on her lips before turning all red like a tomato head again.

"Remember, forehead kisses are friendly gestures. This, what we have, is definitely more than friends, so you're going to have to double up on that." Kaycee giggles and Sean sighs.

Sean squeezes her cheeks and drowns her with endless amount of kisses, until she was satisfied, or more than satisfied.

"My kiss-o-meter is at 200% now. I have so much in reserve for when I'm back at home later." Kaycee says after Sean stops with his kissing spree.

-

Sean looks at his family pictures when Kaycee left. He walks up the stairs as he admired every single picture frame from when he was young. But of course, being adopted, he doesn't have any pictures from when he was first born.

He had recently received a message from someone, who claimed to be his biological dad. He must have known about him through the World of Dance competition broadcast, since he texted only a few days after.

hey.
this is cheuk lew. yes, i have the same surname you bear.
i believe you are my biological son.
sean charles lew right?
maybe we could meet up sometime?
i would love to have a chat with you.
but of course, if you don't wish to, i will not mind if you decline the offer.
hope to see you soon.