Chapter 7 - Kingdom Pt. I

~Day of the contest~

I've never felt this nervous in my life. After today, our small make-up team will be evaluated by the company, and they will decide if we stay or leave. If I have to leave, I'm doomed. During the last 3 weeks I've truly enjoyed the time spent at work. Even though I never thought that I would be a make-up artist, it was quite fun to create looks and think what would look the best aesthetically. The money is another story. I could only work around 8 to 10 hours, instead of the 12 (+ 3 hours transit) I was accustomed to.

Today was also the day when I'll finally meet the two boys I've worked so hard for. I wonder what they'll be like. I already know that I'll be able to do the make-up looks perfectly since I've practiced non-stop, so I'm not really worried about that, but I'm naturally a very stressed and anxious person.

Bora told us to meet at the company at 6 AM, where we took a small van to the concert hall. We got there at around 9 and started getting everything ready for the boys to arrive. We each had our table with the products we needed and two chairs: one for us and one for a boy. The plan was to first do their make-up, after which they'll go and get dressed and have their interview taken. They're supposed to come to our improvised "beauty salon" at 10 AM.

The first boy I've requested was I.N, since I knew Bang Chan's make-up would take me longer to do and I wanted to make sure I.N's all dolled up.

Jeongin's look was very simple. Bora and I decided on a natural look with an eyeshadow that would contrast his eyes (which were very beautiful, may I say) and some crystals in the corners of his eyes, for the same effect. He had some Chapstick on his lips and I had to make sure to contour his face very well. This was challenging, since it was the first time I'm seeing him in real life and his face shape was different than the model's face I've worked with. However, after about one hour or so, I was done. He absolutely loved it and he was so incredibly sweet. In the hour we've been together, we've spoken about so many things. He's a naturally cheerful person and he really lit up my day with his jokes and optimism. While talking to him, I forgot how tired I really was.

I haven't felt so optimistic lately, so speaking with I.N. was like a breath of fresh air.

After I was done with his make-up, I've waited for Bang Chan

After I was done with his make-up, I've waited for Bang Chan. Him, being the leader, had many other responsibilities, so I had to wait for him for a bit. That didn't bother me at all, I've been awake since 4 AM and could really use a break.

He came after about 20 minutes. His manager told me the first interview starts at 14:30, so that meant that I had to finish Bang Chan's make-up in less than 3 hours, so that he has enough time to get dressed and prepare.

"Hello!" a voice says behind me while I'm scrolling on my phone during my break.

I turn around and I see... a man.