Chapter 10 - The Winners

Chapter 10 - The Winners

~After the performance~

"Hey, what did you think, did I look cool?" I.N. came and asked me enthusiastically, with a bright smile.

"The coolest. You know, with such a make-up artist, it would've been impossible not to look cool" I wink at him and we both start laughing.

"Thank you so much for today" Chan says, coming to me. "You've saved us. I don't know how to repay you for all you've done."

"Oh, please. I didn't do much ..." I said, trying to stay humble. It was true though that I did save their asses today. "So, when will you get the results?" I asked eagerly.

"Two more bands to go, and then the jury will decide in about... 30 minutes? Yea, 30 minutes." Answered Chan.

"That's great. I hope you will win!" I reply.

"You will stay with us to find out the results, right?" asks I.N. with puppy eyes.

I was honestly so tired. I've been awake since 4 AM and now it was over 7 PM. I've also been working non-stop to do the make-up looks and fix everyone's clothes. The only thing I wanted to do is go home and rest, but I couldn't do that yet.

"Of course I will stay with you and watch! Also, who's gonna take off your make-up if I don't stay?" I laughed.

~almost 1 hour later~

"And the contest's winners are..."

"3, 2, 1..."

"STRAY KIDS!!!" The host of the show screams in the microphone.

I watched the kids' reaction on the small TV backstage. They were all so happy, and rightfully so. I was also extremely excited to know that they won and I contributed to that just a tiny bit.

Chan accepted their reward and gave his biggest smile to the camera. I couldn't help but smile too. He was such a kind and funny person to be around. And the fact that he blindly trusted me with their clothes ignited a small spark in me that I didn't know I still had. After the accident, I've kind of lost myself in all the work I had to take on. I hadn't felt like me in a while...

Time to help the boys with removing the make-up and go home... I sighed and got up from the couch, almost falling back down. I was so drained of energy and dizzy; this day truly took a toll on me and my body.