Chapter 21 - A strange reaction

~Chan's POV, after Kamila's meeting with JYP~

I exited the conference room with Kamila, congratulating her on becoming our stylist. It was true that I helped her get the position, but she deserved it completely.

It was impressive that this girl had my complete trust after such a short time. After one night, to be exact.

Kamila agreed to have lunch together, but we were interrupted by a boy. I remember seeing him during Kingdom, but can't recall his name.

"Kamila?" the boy asked.

"Do-yun, hello."

Do-yun. Noted.

"Uhm... did you... get to keep your job?" Do-yun continued.

"No... they decided I would be a better fit as a stylist, so I've changed camps. What about you?"

Kamila's laugh was intoxicating. I couldn't get enough of it. I wish she'd always be happy and laugh.

"I'm currently waiting for my meeting. That's why I was here."

"I see... good luck! I'm sure you'll get the job."

Kamila started leaving when Do-yun grabbed her hand to regain her attention. When he did that, she instantly took her hand away and looked... scared?

I instinctively put myself between the two and asked if she was okay.

Why did she react like that?

Did this bastard hurt her?

I started getting angry and concerned. Do-yun was called by Bora in the conference room and I've asked Kamila what was up.

She was hesitant to reply, but she confirmed that Do-yun didn't do anything to her.

However, judging by her reaction, someone else sure did.

"I'm sorry, Chan. I don't feel very comfortable talking about that..."

She averted her gaze.

Why wouldn't she trust me and open up?

"No... I also didn't mean to be so nosy. Just know that if you need anyone to talk to, you can come to me anytime. Okay, Kami?"

She thanked me and changed the subject. We then headed to the cafeteria together, where we met Nayeon. She and Kamila were quick to become friends and tease me together.

I was glad Kamila got along with Nayeon. After all, she was one of my closest friends ever since I've became a trainee at JYPE.

For some strange reason, I really wanted Kamila to be friends with everyone I knew.

More than anything, I wanted her to have a support system and trust the people around her.

I wanted her to be happy.

~

Kamila left home to grab the documents JYP requested and I headed over to the dorms to change into something more comfortable.

An amazing idea of a song came to mind and I wanted to start working on it as soon as possible.

On my way there, I met Felix.

"Mate, what's up?"

"Nothing much. Just headed to change and then to the studio to record something." I responded.

"Working again? Take it easy, will you?"

"Like I would." I scoffed.

"By the way, the manager wants to meet us at 18:30 in the lounge to share some news. Be it between us, I've heard that they apparently found a new stylist and want to introduce them to us all. Do you think it'll be a nice person?"

"Oh" I chuckled. "I don't think so. I know for a fact that it's a nice person."

"Do you know them?" Felix opened his mouth in an O shape.

"Yea, and you do too! You'll see what I mean tonight."

And with that, I tapped Felix's shoulder and left.