Chapter 24 - Welcome to the team

~Chan's POV~

This took me by surprise.

One moment, I was watching how happy she was speaking with the boys, and the other, I felt myself being dragged by her arms, our bodies becoming close.

"Thank you." She said, but how could she say that, when I was the one who should thank her?

I was so thankful that I met her. So thankful for her selflessness when she dropped everything and helped us during Kingdom, without asking for anything in return. So thankful that she was showing me, us, her happy self in these moments.

Forgetting anyone else but us were in the room, I closed my eyes and put my hands around her waist and pulled her closer as well, holding tight.

Soon enough, I could feel another pair of arms and a body hugging me from behind. Then, around us, another. And so on, until me and Kamila completely disappeared in the warm embrace of Stray Kids.

This gesture alone would show Kamila that not only we've accepted her in our team, but that we actually wanted her.

I could hear Kamila's breathing becoming irregular, and then some quiet sniffles.

Little by little, everyone let go, allowing me to lift Kamila's face and see her crying.

"I'm sorry, I just – haven't felt so welcome ever. Thank you so much, everyone. Let's do our best together and write history."

"Fighting!" everyone screamed.

"You look ugly when you cry. I'm Lee Know, by the way." Minho said with a smile.

"You look ugly all the time, Minho, what should we do about you?" Seungmin mocked, making us all laugh.

"Do you want to die? Yah, Hyunjin, why are you laughing huh? Wanna eat some tissues?" Minho replied with a deadly glare and started running after Hyunjin, who, as dramatic as ever, screamed like a little girl.

I was glad that the boys were warming up to Kamila and that she was trusting them too.

Tears were still left on Kamila's cheeks, so I lifted her chin and wiped them with my thumbs, which made her face get red.

"You don't look ugly at all when you're crying. I prefer your smiling face, though. By the way, you look cute when you're startled." I say, kissing her forehead and turning around to leave.

That won me a surprised and questioning glare from Han, but seeing Kamila like that was worth it.

~

"So, what do you think of her?" I asked the manager.

"I mean... I've already seen first-hand that she's a capable person, and I'm glad to see she's getting along with the boys. Good job in securing her for our team." He replied and nodded.

"Thanks." I said proudly. "I'm sure she'll have great ideas for the next stage."

"Yea, we should probably go and talk to her about it. After all, we have to start getting ready as soon as possible."