Chapter 24

I woke up the next morning to see the rain had stopped and it was now sunny, I sat up a bit too quickly which resulted in the hammock almost tipping again.

I put my arms out to balance it, which actually worked. Levi had woken up in this process and was now gripping my jacket with such force I'd be surprised if he didn't put a hole through it with his nails.

When the hammock stopped rocking completely, Levi let go of me before slapping me over the back of the head. He then put his cape back on and climbed off the hammock, me doing the same.

When I was safely on the branch, I put my boots on then my gear. I looked to see Petra and Oluo awake talking to each other.

"oooh~" I teased as I saw them together

Levi looked to see what I was looking at and shrugged. I guess Petra heard me because she flipped me off over Oluos shoulder who she was still talking to.

I put my hand on my chest in an offended manor as she looked back at me then back to Oluo.

I turned to Levi saying, "did you see that?!"

"You deserved it." He said

"I did not! It's not my fault they basically belong with each other."

"Why'd you think that?"

"Think about it, Petra's basically the only person that can actually stand Oluo, even if she doesn't show it."

"Good point." Levi said

I think Oluo bit his tongue after that because I heard a choking-like sound then Petra say, "that's what happens when you talk to much."

"You were talking to me!" Oluo shouted

I nudged Levi saying, "see?"

He rolled his eyes and started walking away, I grabbed his arm pulling him back. I held him in my arms before quickly kissing him, Levi froze but accepted the kiss.

I heard loud snoring from behind me, I pulled away, turned my head and saw that it was Hange.

"Does she normally snore like that?" I asked, "it sounds like she's suffocating."

Levi nodded, "every overnight mission I go on, she always fucking snores." He said as he made me release him,

He walked over to where Hange was and looked down at her, he lifted his foot up and kicked her harshly in the side of the face.

She started bleeding from her nose and mouth but still didn't wake up, Levi looked at her in disbelief before walking away.

"She doesn't normally sleep through that." Levi said,

"You'd think she's dead if it wasn't for the snoring..." I said wrapping my arms around Levi's waist again.

I turned my head to see most of the squad had left, probably to get their morning rations. I turned back to Levi and shoved my tongue into his mouth.

He gasped in surprise as I kissed him rougher, exploring every inch of his mouth with my tongue.

I started pushing him backwards towards the tree trunk, when we reached it I pinned him to it continuing to kiss him passionately.

I pulled away from him, his face was red with a small amount of saliva at the corner of his mouth, his breathing rapid and heavy.

"They'll be back in 15 minutes.." I mumbled. "That's more than enough time."

Once again I pulled him back into the kiss, I pushed him upwards against the tree as he wrapped his legs around my waist.

I pulled away, I immediately went for his collarbone pulling his shirt down a little bit, I sucked at the soft, tender skin. He let out an especially loud groan when I moved my way up his neck.

Levi's breath became more heavy with every passing second, "shit..." he said breathily, "Ngh..." he moaned quietly pulling at my hair.

I pulled away from his neck after leaving a few hickeys and kissed him again. I heard movement behind me followed by shouting,

"Well this is awkward!" Hange shouted happily.

I immediately pulled away and turned my head, "uh..."

Levi wiped his mouth and said, "piss off Hange." Angrily.

Hange started giggling like a maniac as she put her gear and boots on then sped away.

There was a moment of silence after that, "put me down..." Levi sighed.

I obliged and let go of him, "she always has to ruin the moment..." I mumbled

"Let's just get food." Levi said.

"Wait, people will notice the hickeys on your neck.." I said

"And who's fault is that?" Levi answered before going down to the ground, me following close behind him.

When we arrived down there, we saw everyone sat stood around talking to each other and eating.

Me and Levi walked to where the rations were and got our share, which was basically a dry asf cracker. Field rations suck.

I noticed people looking at Levi weirdly, it's probably because of the hickeys but who knows what's going though their minds.

I used my gear to get into a small-ish tree (well it was small compared to the one we were in earlier) and sat on a branch.

Levi followed me and sat next to me, eating his food. We sat in silence as we ate, occasionally taking sips of water.

"How long are we going to be here?" I asked him.

"We're here with Hange's and Erwin's squads to study titans so until the food runs out."

"How long would that be?"

"About a week? Maybe more."

"Ugh that's a long time!" I whined.

Levi nodded and said, "yeah, we'll it's necessary for us to be here."

"Why?"

Levi looked at me like I asked the stupidest question in the world, "To bait the titans? What do you think we're doing?"

"I don't know nobody told me!"

"We lead the titans somewhere, Erwin's squad traps them and Hange's squad experiments on them." He sighed

"Ohh! That makes sense." I said

After that we finished our food and began our tasks for the day, capturing the titans start tomorrow so today is basically a prep day. A day to set everything up since this place hasn't been used in forever.