Chapter 47

"Your name is Eren Yeager and as a soldier you have sworn to give up your life when called to. For the good of the people, correct?" Zackary said.

"Yes." Eren said.

"As an enlisted soldier in the time of war, the military demands your tribunal be held as the court marshal. As commander of our armed forces this matter is left to my discretion. Thus I will decide if you live, or die. And objections."

"No sir."

"Your cooperation is appreciated, let us proceed. As expected covering up your existence had proven quite fruitless, and unless we publicly disclose your existence, one way or another we risk the outbreak of wide spread civil unrest." He said, "A choice must be made, and the regiment that takes custody of you will determine your fate. The military police, or the scout regiment. To begin the military police will now present their case."

"Thank you, my name is Nial Dock, I am commander of the military police." Announced Nial, "Our recommendation, following a thorough examination of his physiology, subject Eren Yeager should be disposed of immediately. We acknowledge that Eren Yeager's ability played a bit part in turning back the latest titan invasion, however as has been stated, his mere existence is creating a swell of rebellious sentiment. For the greater good, after we have gathered all the information that we can from him, we would see him made as a fallen warrior of humanity."

"Unacceptable!" Someone shouted, I looked across from me to see a wall cultist yelling, " this verminous fiend has defiled the mighty wall rose!"

The cultist that was revealed as Pastor Nick was quickly told to quiet down by the judge.

"And now I'd like to hear the scouting regiments proposed plan." Zackery said.

"Yes sir. As the commander of the Survey core, I Erwin Smith propose the following. Let Eren join our ranks, reinstate him as a full member of the scouts and we will utilise his titan ability to retake wall Maria." Erwin said, "that is all."

"Mhm, is that it?"

"Yes. With his assistance sir, I'm sure we can reclaim wall Maria. Therefore I believe our top priority is perfectly clear."

"Quite bold. Assuming you get clearance, where exactly do you plan to launch this operation from?" Zackary asked before turning to Pixis, "Commander Pixis, the wall in Trost district has been completely sealed is that correct?"

"Yes." Pixis said, "I doubt its gate will ever open again."

"We'll depart from Karanese district to the east, from there we'll make for Shiganshina." Erwin said, "A new rout can be established as we proceed-"

"But that's ridiculous!" Someone shouted, " Our time and money would be better spend sealing up the all the gates! They're the only parts the colossal can break right? Lets reinforce the blasted things and wash our hands on the entire affair!"

"Shut your mouth you spineless merchant dog!" Someone else shouted, "with a titan on our side we can finally return to wall maria!"

"We cant afford anymore of your childish antics or delusional behaviour!"

"Squealing louder won't help you case pig." Levi said, " while we're bolstering our defences, do you think the titans are going to stand idly by? And when you say we cant afford, do you speak for anyone but your fat merchant friends? Do you pigs even realize that most of our people are struggling just to survive off of what little land we have left?"

"I'm simply saying that sealing the gates is the only guaranteed protection we've got!"

"Hold your tongue you vial, biliterate heretic!" Pastor nick shouted, "are you really suggesting that we, lowly humans meddle with wall rose, a gift to us from on high?! The wall is a miracle and its divinity transcends human comprehension! Don't you understand?!"