Josh- Doctor

I groan, trying to sit up but failing miserably.

"Stop moving, you're not helping yourself" Josh demands whilst putting some water on my bedside table.

"I'm not going to sit around whilst they-" I retort, trying to sit up again.

"They're fine, the Texcas will get what they deserve, but maybe from now on you'll think before getting into a fist fight with a gang member" Josh says sternly, a look of annoyance crosses his face.

"I couldn't help it, knowing what they've done, I just lashed out" I groan.

Josh comes over to me and gently helps me up, so I can sip my water.

"Thanks, I don't need you to play doctor though" I mumble over the glass.

"Really? Because it looks like you need me right now" Josh squints before giving me a watery smile.

I take his hand and pull him down so he's sitting on the edge of my bed.

"I can't stand seeing you in pain" He whispers, his face dropping.

"Say something funny" I ask him, brushing my bruised knuckles over his cheek.

He leans into my touch before mumbling "Where do cows display their artwork?"

I roll my eyes before smiling, "I don't know"

"A moo-seum" He winks half-heartedly. I can't help but to laugh, but as soon as I do my stomach hurts.

"Ah shit, okay maybe don't make me laugh" I groan over the pain.

Josh tucks my hair behind my ears before gently kissing my temple.

"Are you sure you don't need to be out helping the others?" I ask, but he shakes his head before replying "I'm right where I need to be, as soon as you're asleep I'm going to hack into the Texcas bank accounts and fuck all their shit up".

I take another sip of water before wiggling down into the duvet, Josh stands and tucks the blankets over me.

"Will you sit with me?" I ask, sounding meek.

"Of course" Josh says, climbing onto the bed next to me and pulling his laptop pit of his bag he brought with him.

I rest my head on his shoulder and watch him work.

"You throw a really good punch" Josh randomly tells me after a few minutes.

"Yeah? I guess the boxing lessons paid off" I let out a small laugh.

"If another gang member hadn't of joined in, you would of had that fight easily" Josh proudly says, reaching a hand over and ruffling my hair.

I kiss his arm and reply "Yeah, I think you're right, but I bet they both look as bad as me"

Josh stops typing and looks down at me, his eyebrows knit together, his brown eyes stare into mine before he seriously says "You are beautiful, even with the bruises".

My heart swells at his statement, and I smile before closing my eyes and falling asleep, as Josh fucks the Texcas up.