Wrench- Accent

"Yes mum, bloody hell no mum, okay I'll speak to you tomorrow, yep, okay love you too, bye!" I say into the phone as I end the call with my mother. 

I'm outside of the hackerspace sitting on the grass with the rest of the gang when my mother called to see how I was getting on here in San Francisco, even though I've lived here 6 months. 

"I just sometimes can't get over your accent, 'ooh I say should we put the kettle on for a spot of tea and some crumpets" Wrench says, poorly imitating my British accent, I laugh and throw the grass I've been picking out at him. 

He feigns death and I laugh, "I do not sound like that! Trust me, I'm no Mary Poppins" I say to him, but Sitara laughs and Marcus agrees with Wrench "You sound so posh". 

I shake my head and continue picking the grass, trying to destress from my mothers conversation about getting myself a rich American boyfriend. 

"I didn't grow up in a posh place, it was far from it, hence why I wanted to join DedSec and help those in need" I say to them, but more to myself to remind myself why I'm here and how lucky I am. 

"Yeah, but you're sounding more like Nanny McPhee now, Crumpet" Wrench says, his head angled towards me and away from the sunlight. 

I laugh before pausing and realising what he just called me..."Did you honesty just call me 'Crumpet?' Bloody Hell you're asking for it" 

"Oh yeah Crumpet, you better butter me up before we get into it" Wrench says with a wink, his innuendo making me blush and the others to laugh, well not Josh as he has no clue what any of it means. 

"Honestly, stop calling me that, I might actually begin to like it" I tease him, Wrench holds his hands up as if to surrender, there's a moment of relaxed silence before he teases again "You really are like a crumpet you know, all light and fluffy, delicious and-" 

"Honestly call me that one time and see what happens!" I exclaim at him, hiding a smile behind my pointed finger. 

"Whatever you say," a few moments pass "Crumpet" Wrench says the last word with a laugh and a wink from his mask. 

I full on launch myself at him and tackle him into the grass, I manage to tickle his side and he giggles like a child. 

"Stop! Stop! Okay Crumpet I give up!" He bursts out, I laugh along with him and end up straddling him. 

We stare at each other for a few minutes before he pulls me towards his chest for a hug, we stay like that for a few moments...