Wrench- Beach

Today wasn't a great day, I'd failed to get my mission done for DedSec and I'd hardly eaten anything all day. I'd had a bad few days in a row and today just topped it all off, so when Wrench came into the hackerspace and saw me sitting alone in the darkness, I can guess he was a little freaked out.

"Aah, Jesus Y/N, you gave me a heart attack!" He shouts, but when I don't laugh he slowly comes up to me and kneels infront of me, peering into my face.

I look at him, but I can't force myself to smile. He must sense my mood because he doesn't say anything, just picks me up like I weigh nothing and put me on his lap, I bury myself into his chest and let out a breath.

"It's been a really shitty few days" I whisper. Wrench rubs my back for comfort but for once it doesn't help.

"Can we go to the beach?" I ask him hesitantly, knowing that it's past midnight.

"Now? Sure, I'll take you" He says, no questions asked. I nod and get off him. Wrench grabs his keys and we drive to Baker Beach.

When we arrive I get out of the car and go sit in the sand, watching the waves lapping at the sand, the air is a little chilly but nothing I can't handle. Wrench comes and sits next to me and says nothing.

We stay like that for a few moments before I lean my head against his shoulder, his arm wraps around my shoulders as I lean further into him and close my eyes.

I hear a rustle and open my eyes to find Wrench pulling a chocolate bar out of his pocket, he hands it to me and says "I'll get you something decent to eat before I take you home, but I know you've hardly ate anything today".

I thank him and nibble at the chocolate, feeling a little better as the serotonin kicks in. I pull out my phone and headphones and pass one to Wrench, who takes it and puts it into his ear.

I put on a random playlist of mine and 'The Beach' by The Neighbourhood comes on. We both sit in comfortable silence for a while whilst the moonlight shines on the sea and waves gently lull me into a calm.

Eventually Wrench gets up and holds a hand out to me, I smile and let him guide me up, we grab something to eat at a fast food place before he takes me home, and insists on sleeping on the couch to keep me company.

But I invite him to sleep in my bed, only sleep, and we both hang on to each other and slowly fall asleep to each others breathing.