CHAPTER 8

Sumedh

I was listening to some pop songs, but from nowhere this romantic song came across.

I'm not really fond of romantic songs. Especially this song in that movie as it made the movie go slow for some time. I took my phone to change the song but I stopped as someone tapped my shoulder. Pravisht, my buddy it was. I took off my right air pod and greeted him while the song was still playing.

"This is Anika, I told you right?" Pravisht introduced his fiance in person.

"Hi, Anika!" I said with a warm smile.

"And she is..." Pravisht pointed to the girl behind them. As the song goes... Shuru Ho Rahi Hain Nai Manjile Nayi Zindagi Ka Safar, my eyes fell on her making my heart flutter.

I was neither able to inhale oxygen nor exhale carbon dioxide. My eyes twinkled seeing her intoxicating one that ruined my sleep. Her red top and yellow shawl remind me of the way she falls into my arms during the Holi festival. Fresh and still in my mind.

"Mallika!" Pravisht said. Mallika, sounds sweet.

"Hi!" She waved at me with hesitation, sucking in her inner cheeks.

Slowly, I looked down as sudden shyness took over me for no reason. That's when I saw her feet, there was only one anklet, and the design matched the one that I found. Damnit! She's the reason I had to arrange books on four bookshelves. My guess didn't go wrong. It was the same person who I saw at the Holi festival and the one who shed the anklet. I looked up again as I heard Pravisht's voice.

"Mallika, this my buddy, Sumedh!" Her eyes went wide and her face was flushed out. Why tho?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mallika

"Sumedh!" I felt the heat sensation on my face due to the increased blood flow. My eyeballs almost fell out. When I turned to look at Anika, I found that she was already looking at me with the same reaction. I swallow the lump that formed in my throat trying not to laugh or blush to make myself embarrassed. But Anika's single glance was enough for me to lose it all. Pravisht looked confused at our reaction.

"Is there something that's interesting?" He asked.

"Not really!" I said.

"Hello!" His voice was quite familiar to me. Have I ever met him? I took a second glance at him. To be honest, he was pretty handsome. Those curls and eyes made him look more unique compared to other boys of our age these days. Eyes! These greenish-grey eyes have also I seen somewhere. But my question to myself is, where? When? How?

"Okay, you guys are planning to stand forever? Please take a seat!" Pravisht said pulling the chair for me and Anika. I was sitting in between Anika and Pravisht and opposite of him, Sumedh. Why on earth does he have this name? Please don't say he's going to be my... No, no shut up! You can't decide who's your life partner with just their name. Millions of people in this world are named Sumedh, it doesn't mean that all of them are your life partner, Malli!

I was so deep into my thoughts that I didn't realize the waiter was waiting for me. I cursed myself for being out of the world.

"What would you like to have madam?" The waiter asked and I was dumbfounded. I'm not really a coffee person, and what more if I was seated at a coffee shop?