CHAPTER 50

"Sumedh, how long would you keep my eyes and ears shut?" Mallika frowned. It's been half an hour since Sumedh blindfolded her with his hands and made her wear headphones.

"You no longer need to wear them!" Sumedh whispered in her ears while taking off the headphones. Open your eyes, meri pyaar!" Sumedh's whispering sent a chill down her spine. As she opened her eyes, it was instantly pooled with tears. Her chest felt heavy and her lips quivered.

"Krishna!" This divine word escaped from her mouth. The external world which quiet all this time, suddenly filled with Hare Krishna Maha Mantra. The smell of sandalwood and basil leaves filled the air. Her eyes roamed around the beautiful Vrindavan.

"Bucket list number 2 completed" Sumedh held her shoulder and rubbed his forehead with hers. Mallika hugged Sumedh tightly expressing her utmost happiness.

"Let's go in!" Mallika insisted.

"But before that, we have something else to do!" Sumedh winked?

"What is-" Before Mallika could complete her sentence, 2 Russian girls who practice Sanatana Dharma brought her with them. Mallika was startled for a second but then she realised it was a part of Sumedh's arrangement.

15 minutes later, Sumedh and Mallika came to the Vrindavan temple entrance again. Sumedh was beautifully draped in a yellow-coloured dhoti while Mallika was wearing a beautiful red floral lehenga with floral jewellery.

"Now, we can go in!" With a stunning smile, Sumedh walked into the temple, holding his wife's hand. As soon as they entered the temple, the soothing Kirtan of Radha Krishna was heard. Mallika was overwhelmed by the beauty of Radha Krishna's abode on earth. The sound, the smell, the aura, and the vibe of the place show heaven on earth.

After obtaining the divine darshan of Lord Chaitanya and Lord Nithyananda along with RadhaKrishna, Sumedh and Mallika wandered around the beautiful temple of Vrindavan

After obtaining the divine darshan of Lord Chaitanya and Lord Nithyananda along with RadhaKrishna, Sumedh and Mallika wandered around the beautiful temple of Vrindavan. Mallika's dream to touch every pole, wall and carving of Vrindavan has come true as Sumedh was capturing candid pictures of Mallika who is feeling Vrindavan, looking like one of those beautiful gopikas.

Mallika swirled and ran towards Sumedh, hugging him as tighter as possible.

"Thank you for making my dream come true, Sumi! I love you!" Of course, her dream would come true as long as her dream man is with her.

"I love you too, my wifey!" Sumedh kissed her forehead.

"What now?" Mallika looked into his eyes.

"Some mischief?" Sumedh smirked.

"Eh, shut up! We are in the temple!" Mallika broke the hug.

"Hello, madam ji! I said about stealing some offerings of the Lord and eating them secretly! Especially those mouth-watering butter. What were you thinking though?" This time, he was honest. He was talking about the food. But what happened to our Mallika?

"Oh.. hmm... Okay, let's get the food then!" Mallika's face turned red in embarrassment.

"You haven't answered me, Miku!" Sumedh teased her knowing what she meant.

"Nothing idiot, let's go!" Mallika ran from him, but will he just stand seeing? He chased her, proofing that her athletic side was still alive. He pulled her by her long braid and her back collided with his bare broad chest. Sumedh kissed her collarbone and pulled her by her wrist. They went to take all the 56 types of offerings offered to RadhaKrishna. Each of them was delicious like the heavenly nectar.

After that, Sumedh brought her to the lake nearby. Can any other combination beat this? Sitting next to your loved one while watching the lake, that too in the holy place. Rare but the best.

After a beautiful and tiring day, Sumellika went to their hotel room. They threw their bags and jumped on the bed, staring at the ceiling.

"To Vrindavan for honeymoon! Unique!" Mallika smiled.

"Honeymoon is supposed to be a certain period where the newly wedded couple should spend their time together at a beautiful place right? People call Paris the city of love. Fools they are. Have they seen Vrindavan? Can any other place be more beautiful than this?" Sumedh said dreamily.

"Maybe not more beautiful than this, but equally beautiful! Dwarka, Ayodhya, Kedarnath, Badrinath and many many many more!"

"I agree! And guess what baby? I promise you to bring to each of these places. People might criticise us for visiting temples instead of tourist areas in our 20s. They would say that we can visit those areas when we are old. Bhakti should be practised in old age. However, what they don't realize is, that bhakti has no age. What if I died next year itself? Will I get a chance to visit all these places?"

"Sumedh, I'll smack your head! Shut up, okay!" Mallika shouted at him and sat up straight. She hates it when he speaks about death and all.

"Cool baby, I'm just saying! It's true, right? The future is uncertain. So, we shall not postpone the good thoughts and deeds." Sumedh said. Mallika rolled her eyes while crossing her arms against her chest.

"Jaan, my intention is not to hurt you, I was just... Okay... I'm sorry! I'm sorry, I won't say such things again. Okay?" Sumedh made a puppy face but Mallika didn't even look at him. Sumedh then smirked knowing what to do. He decided to bribe her with kisses. Sumedh is well aware that Mallika has cute aggression, by which she loves kisses from her loved ones and loves to kiss them too, which is Sumedh.

He gently cupped her face with his left hand and began to kiss her forehead. He pecked her entire face soft and gently, not leaving a space between her skin. Her eyes, nose, cheeks, chin. But when it came to the lips, he stopped. His lips were just a centimetre away from hers. He smiled and continued kissing her nose.

Mallika instantly got butterflies in her tummy. He is saving the first kiss on the lips until it's the day of their union. How cute and thoughtful right?

Mallika pulled him by his shirt and punched him on his chest playfully.

"Don't you ever day to say such things again!" She warned him.

"Ask your wish, my queen!" He replied. Soon, after having their dinner, Sumellika went into a deep sleep.

They spent their at Vrindavan. They shopped for many aesthetic things such as flutes, jhumkas, anklets, sarees and many more. They never missed a single aarti or Kirtan from the temple. They made the right choice by choosing Vrindavan as their honeymoon spot. They felt the fresh air of love and got some inner peace.

Now, let me ask you something. Will you be impressed if your partner brings you to Vrindavan or any other holy place for your honeymoon? Or will you frown???

Don't forget to

VOTE ✅
COMMENT ✅
SHARE ✅
Follow My IG: parmitha.writes❤️

Happy Belated Independence Day to my Fellow Indians❤️