CHAPTER 53

Sumellika woke up late in the evening, skipping their visit to Ruby & Shiva's house. Mallika could barely walk but she insisted on not missing the temple routine. Especially on this beautiful day when they have been united physically. After all, mating is also a part of love and it's beautiful. As we say, everything God created is beautiful. If it's a sin, then why would God set it as the start of new lives? Stereotypes that sexual intercourse is bad, sinful or lusty should be changed unless love and concern are absent in it.

They both had a hot head bath together and dressed in tradition to visit the regular Balaji Temple. Mallika wore a yellow kurti and did her hair into a beautiful French braid. Meanwhile, Sumedh wore an orange shirt and blue denim.

At the temple, they both got the beautiful darshan of Lord Srinivas with Sridevi and Bhudevi on either side of him.

"Shriman Narayan, never in my life have I ever thought I would marry someone like Sumedh. He's the only person whom I can open up, show my scars and be emotionally imbalanced, yet he won't judge me. Thanks for giving him like a boon to me. He shall stay safe always. Bless him with a long life" Mallika prayed.

"Lord, I was almost an atheist before this. But you made me realise your existence by sending Mallika into my life, uniting my previous life's love with me. She deserves to be happy then, now and forever. Past is past, but let me be the reason for her happiness now and always. Make her strong, make her independent. She's a warrior!" Sumedh prayed.

Both their prayers reached the lord. Let's see which one He fulfills.

After the Kirtan, Sumellika went back to their car. Surprisingly, they saw Akshara and her mother watching them standing right in front of their car. Akshara was standing there emotionless and her mother was ranging in anger.

Mallika panicked at first, but Sumedh had a plan. As Mallika's hands were covered with sandalwood powder and vermilion, wherever she touched, it might get stained. Sumedh got close to her, pulled the seat belt and fixed it. Not stopping there, he romanced his wife regardless of where he was or who was watching him.

"Sumedh, they are watching, move!" Mallika whispered.

"Don't forget the fact that you're my wife. And I'm in my car. Kissing you in a private space is my personal decision and no one can ever question it!" Sumedh said while tucking a strand of hair behind her ears that was covering her face. He placed soft kisses on her cheeks and nose. Sumellika were taken back by the sound of a knock on the window.

Who else would it be if it were not the antagonists? Akshara's mother, who is Sumedh's cousin sister was knocking on the door vigorously.

"Hi Di, how are you? Meet my official, legal and technical wife and the love of my life! Mallika Sumedh!"

"You didn't even care to invite us to your wedding, did you?" She asked.

"At my wedding, I only wanted people who would bless me genuinely to be there. Hatred and jealousy weren't allowed." Sumedh said.

"So you're saying that I would wish you the bad?"

"Not really, but you were ranging as I didn't agree to marry Akshara, although I've already given my explanation on why. You both just don't seem to understand." Sumedh said getting a little bit frustrated. Mallika held his palm which instantly calmed him. Akshara watched all these changes quietly.

"What about my daug..." Before she couldn't finish, Akshara interrupted.

"Enough ma!" She said to her mom and turned towards Sumellika.

"Happy Married Life both of you. Stay happy always. Sumedh, everyone deserves better, even I do. But you. You deserve the best and that's why you have Mallika in your life! Stay happy guys. I'm happy! Bye.." Akshara didn't wait for their reply and walked away with her mom.