CHAPTER 37

The evening pink sky blushed at this couple whose fingers were entangled and eyes were closed, resting their heads on each other. There was peace and silence until a sarcastic clap was heard.

"Not even feeling guilty for hurting me, here you're enjoying with her, huh?" Akshara and her mother were found there from nowhere. Sumedh got up and so Mallika does.

"Akshara, listen. I.." Sumedh started but was interrupted by Akshara.

"Just, shut up! You cheat!" Akshara shouted and continued, "What is there that you didn't find in me, but found in her? Huh?"

"How would it be cheating when I'm in a relationship with you first of all?" Sumedh was frustrated. "No Akshara, I found nothing within her that you don't have. But I definitely found something that you have but she doesn't!" Sumedh said, getting a step closer to Akshara. "She definitely never asks this type of cheap question. That's what I didn't find from her which is clearly visible in you! Furthermore, I don't have to explain to you anything about my love. Got it?" Sumedh whispered directly in front of her face which made her blood boil.

"You're literally talking ill about your cousin who you know for years in front of an outsider who came yesterday?" Akshara asked in disbelief.

"Akshara, it's not about how long you know each other, it's about how much you understand them. You know what, if Mallika was at your place, she won't be complaining. She will prioritize my happiness and step aside without bothering me."

"And about being cousins, Vanee Didi..." Sumedh walked towards Akshara's mother. "Where were all of you, my 'cousins' went when my mother left me in the orphanage? When I asked you for help, none came forward. Instead of visiting an animal, you came once in two years to see me. But suddenly, after knowing that I succeeded in my trading and became rich, you guys look after me. Wow! But you know her..!" Sumedh pulled Mallika by her wrist. "She has no idea how much I earn, she doesn't know that I'm a millionaire, or even if I had a job. She loved me for my soul, not for my material wealth! That's what differentiates her from most girls these days including your daughter. I didn't want to hurt you but when if I didn't give a clarification then it would be self-sabotage. I don't want it to happen. In conclusion, Akshara, I don't love you. I love Mallika, now and forever. Anyways, if I hurt you with my words, I'm sorry." Sumedh said and left there with Mallika.

"You're a millionaire?" Mallika asked.

"I'm a pilot too! That's a long story. I'll tell to you later" Sumedh smiled.

 I'll tell to you later" Sumedh smiled

It was a full moon night. Mallika and Sumedh were alone in the woods.

"Sumedh, what are we doing in the woods at this time?" Mallika asked Sumedh who was busy gathering some branches and dry leaves.

"You'll know soon, Jaan!" Sumedh said while working.

"Jaan!" Mallika repeated his word and blushed. Sumedh then lit up the fire.

"Are you on a picnic? But we didn't let Mumma and papa know about this earlier! I should call them now..."

"Shhhh!" Sumedh pulled Mallika closer to him. Their body was just an inch apart. In the chilly weather, all they could feel is each other's hot breath fanning them.

"I'll drop you home at the promised time. We are here to..." Sumedh took out Mallika's diary from his bag and hand it to Mallika. Mallika looked at him in confusion.

"Burn it!" Sumedh said.

"But why?"

"All you wrote here is your bitter past. I can't remove the past events from your life but I at least want to leave no evidence that would trigger your trauma again. If you want a diary, there is this 5.7 feet human diary here, that will listen and remember everything you say. You don't need a paper and pen to write down your feelings. Your open heart and honest words are enough. Burn that book which contains your bad past." Sumedh said to which Mallika smiled warmly. His little efforts mean a lot to her. Of course, tiny efforts are cute, aren't they?

Mallika threw the book into the burning fire and they both watched the book being the prey of the fire, turning into ashes and smoke from papers and words. Mallika hugged Sumedh's biceps and whispered. "I'm lucky to have you in my life, Sumi!" Sumedh smiled and kissed her hairline.

"I love you, Miku!" Sumedh said to which Mallika hummed. After some time, Sumedh drove Mallika to her house. Before leaving, Mallika turned to Sumedh.

"Anika and Pravisht's wedding events like Sangeet, haldi and mehendi are around the corner. We have to make plans!"

"As your wish, my lady. Plans will be made tomorrow onwards!" Sumedh winked at her.

"Goodnight and sweet dreams!" Mallika said.

"It will surely be sweet if you came in it!" Sumedh said cheesily.

"Shut up dumbass. Get home safe and sleep well."

"You too Jaan!"

"Ohoooo Jaan, huh?" Sashi who accidentally overheard their conversation teased them. Sumedh who no longer could hide his red cheeks said goodnight to Sashi and went back to his house.
___________________________________________
Happy New Year Everyone. I know many things happened in 2022, negative and positive. It will happen every year. We should accept it and move on. May the upcoming 365 days bring joy and luck to you and your family. Love you'll. Don't forget to

VOTE ✅
COMMENT✅
SHARE ✅
FOLLOW MY IG: parmitha.writes❤️