CHAPTER 24

"Malli, you're parents aren't home yet right? Are they still in the village?" Anika asked Mallika on phone.

"Yes! I guess they will be back in 2 more days. What's up?"

"Perfect! Sumedh, Pravi, and I were planning to have a mini-party at Sumedh's house tonight. You better be joining!"

"Well, his house is in my neighborhood. So why not? I'm coming, note that down!"

That night, Manvisht gathered at Sumedh's house

That night, Manvisht gathered at Sumedh's house. They all were just wearing casual t-shirts and pants. Sumedh, who is a great cook had prepared some sandwiches and snacks like pani puri for his friends. On the other hand, Manvisht bought some drinks, cocktails, candies, and some prepared games. Although they are all grown, they love being simple and enjoy these kinds of foods and games.

Sumedh placed a huge carpet on the terrace and arranged all the food on it. Mallika was arranging a few LED lights around them just to give them the club vibes. Meanwhile, Anika was finding nice music to play and Pravisht was helping Sumedh.

"Hey, guys.. thanks for..." Sumedh started but was interrupted by Pravisht.

"Shut up, don't be formal! Let's eat! Mallika doesn't be shy to eat, if the food is over, don't worry. I'm sure Sumedh will make more for you and only you." Pravisht teased. Mallika just glared at him hiding her smile. Sumedh did the same too.

"Ok dudes! So, I have some games in my mind for us to play!" Anika said excitingly.

"PUBG? Or Mobile legend?" Sumedh's eyes were twinkling.

"No mobile! It's just four of us time!" Mallika said strictly.

"Yup, I agree with Malli! So, when we were in college, our lecturer used to make us play a game for the ice-breaking sessions. It is called 'Two Truths and One Lie'. In this game, everyone during their turn, has to give 3 statements about themselves. 2 statements about you should be true and one should be a lie. The remaining of us shall find the lie. The winners shall get a treat. Probably like an extra candy, to make it simple!" Anika said.

"Sounds interesting! Let's get started!" Sumedh said.

"We'll start with Pravisht first! He's the eldest among all of us based on our birth months!" Mallika suggested and the remaining ones agreed.

"Fine then. Statement one is that Sumedh is my enemy once upon a time. Statement two is I'm quitting my police job. Statement three is I'm not goofy around anyone!" Pravisht said.

"Simple! It's Statement one! That's the lie!" Mallika said confidently to which Pravisht and Sumedh were smirking.

"The lie is statement 3!" Sumedh and Anika said in unison.

"What? It means you both were enemies?" Mallika asked as her jaw dropped.

"Yes!" Pravisht said proudly while side-hugging his buddy.