CHAPTER 41

"Sumedh, where are you bringing me blindfolded?" Mallika was asking him since they started their journey from Pravisht's house but Sumedh refused to answer her. Instead, he played music I'm blasting volume. In less than half an hour, Sumedh stopped and parked his car.

"Now you'll know!" He whispered in her ears and helped her to get down of the car slowly. Then he took off Mallika's blindfold. She thought he had brought her to some romantic place, but all she saw in front of her were pale concrete walls of a half way built building.

Mallika raised her eyebrows at Sumedh signifying that she has no idea about what is he showing her. Sumedh chuckled and took a huge piece of paper and placed it on his car's windshield. It was a blueprint of his, oops their future house.

"Are you serious?" Mallika's jaw dropped.

"Yup, come! Take a look and see if the plan is nice." Mallika took a deep look at the blueprint of the house plan. As she was concentrating, she realized that the design is well-known to her. All of sudden, her eyes went wide and she turned her gaze towards Sumedh who was resting his cheek on his hand while staring at her.

"Sumedh... This is.."

"My dream girl's dream house!" Sumedh smiled. Mallika's vision was blurred due to the presence of her valuable tears.

"Why would you... How do you know? I never told you anything about this!"

"I guess you forgot I read your whole diary," Sumedh said and pulled her a little closer. "Including your fantasies" Sumedh's smirky whisper made her blush.

"You see, I always wanted to build a house surrounded by nature. And I bought this piece of land due to the strategic area. However, I had no idea of how to build on the inside. Of course, a woman is more experienced and wise in such decisions. When I read about your dream house in your diary, I was impressed by your imagination. Thus, I wanted to make it real." Mallika said nothing but tiptoed and kissed the edge of his nose.

"Why is it my nose, not my forehead or my cheek?" Sumedh was confused.

"Because I love your big nose!" She said while pinching his nose softly.

"I rushed the builders to build the house as soon as possible. They are halfway done. In another three to four months, they might complete the project." Sumedh said rolling the blueprint.

"Why are you rushing them, Sumedh?" Mallika questioned him.

"So that we can move in quickly! I want you to enter your dream house as my dream wife with her dream husband!"

Mallika's urge to crush him with her tiny body was at its peak.

"You have no idea of what I'm feeling now, Sumi!" Mallika said leaning on the car.

"Really? Do you want to make this feeling even stronger?"

"Haan, but how?"

"Let's go for a late-night drive." Sumedh winked.

"Nope!" Mallika shook her head as a 'no' and continued, "A late-night walk instead!" She grinned.

"I shall follow your orders, my queen!" Sumedh bowed in front of her making her laugh.

Sumedh and Mallika were holding hands while walking on the streets

Sumedh and Mallika were holding hands while walking on the streets. It was an empty road. No matter how loud they spoke and laughed, no one would bother. Mallika was tickling Sumedh at his weak point which was his waist while walking. Seeking revenge, Sumedh chased her. The air around them was filled with her joyful waves of laughter. Their goofiness has no bounds when they are with each other. They spent their 40 minutes walking as if it was just a 10-minute one. After they were walking, they noticed a pani puri stall almost closing. They run to the stall and hold the man.

"Uncle, one plate of Pani Puri please!" Sumedh said while breathing heavily.

"Uncle, uncle, two plates... No no, three! One for him, two for me!" Mallika grinned.

Sumellika sat on the bench while the uncle was preparing pani puri for them.

As soon as their pani puri arrives, Sumellika compete with each other to see who can eat the fastest. Mallika was confident that she would win but the poor girl's mouth wasn't big enough. Sumedh laughed at her.

"You can't win me, my baby!" Sumedh said while stealing one of her pani puris.

"But I won your heart, meri Bache!" Mallika wink. Sumedh sucked in his inner cheeks to cover up his blushing face. Then, Mallika ordered two cups of tea for them to enjoy the cool breeze. Sumedh was staring at Mallika while she was enjoying the tea. At the very same time, Sumedh accidentally turned his Spotify on.

Enna sona kyun rab ne banaya(2x)
Why did God create you so beautifully?

^^^ Rain, hot chai, midnight sky, Mallika in front of Sumedh and this song was very relatable for him at this moment.^^^

Aavan javan te main yaara nu manavan (2x)
I persuade my lover whenever I come or go

^^^Mallika closed her eyes dreamily while enjoying every sip of the hot tea which is Sumedh's favourite.^^^

"Arere, it's raining. I gotta go!" The uncle said. Sumedh paid him the money and turn to find Mallika missing from the place she was sitting. She was nowhere but dancing under the rain like a kid.

"Miku, what are you doing?"

"You are blinded by my beauty I guess!" She giggled and continued, "I'm enjoying nature Dumbo!"

"Without me?" Sumedh pouted.

"Achoo, come here!" Mallika spread her hands in the air, welcoming Sumedh for a hug. He hides her in his embrace while drenching themselves under the midnight rain.

Taap lage na katti chandni da
So that you don't feel the heat of the hot moon

Saari raati main oos chid kavan
I'll shower dew drops the whole night

Kinne dardan na rab ne banaya
God has taken great pains to create you

Rab ne banaya, rab ne banaya
To create you, to create you

They fall in love a little more every time they are together. After their lovely night date, Sumellika walked back to the place they parked the car. Throughout the journey, Sumedh looked at Mallika and thought, "She deserves all the happiness on the earth!"
___________________________________________

Don't forget to

VOTE ✅
COMMENT ✅
SHARE ✅
FOLLOW MY IG: parmitha.writes✅