CHAPTER 16

As planned, Sumedh, Pravisht, and his siblings went for a movie night. While the three siblings crack jokes and were laughing at each other, Sumedh was moody. He was staring at his phone. His lips did not want to curl a little bit no matter how funny the jokes were.

"Sumedh? Are you okay?" Pravisht asked placing his hand on Sumedh's shoulder.

"She didn't reply to my message the whole day. I guess she's busy!" He said in disappointment. Why does this man, who is busy enough to not reply to other people's messages, be upset when someone doesn't reply to his?

Pravisht was surprised at Sumedh's behavior. He has known Sumedh for more than a decade and he never gets upset when someone ignores his message.

Sumedh's heart was heavy with worries, guilt, and disappointment. He badly wants to talk to her. Although their chats were irregular, they would text each other at least once a day. The same question, 'have you eaten?' & 'what are you doing?' brings joy to each of them. There are always good morning messages and Hi's but no goodnight texts or byes. They didn't want to end the conversation, thus they rather reply to one's message later than cut off the chat by saying that they have to go.

On the other hand, Mallika makes her heart stone to not talk to Sumedh. It's hard for her to ignore him as he became a part of her daily life routine. While she waits for his text, Sumedh is afraid to send one because he didn't want to bother her.

Anvisht didn't talk anything about Mallika to Sumedh and vice versa because they want it to go in the flow. Anika is fed up with how Sumedh is treating Mallika like an option, although he did not.

Knowing that he has messed up their current friendship, Sumedh decided to stay quiet and not disturb Mallika although it brings no peace to both of them. Mallika decided to shift her thoughts from Sumedh and focus on her clients, whereas Sumedh involved himself in the process to shift to his new house temporarily before building one according to his wish and ideas. Another month flew away in the blink of an eye which seems like an eternity to both of them.

It's the end of another month

It's the end of another month. Sumedh was standing with his baggy t-shirt on and with a cup of chai. He was staring blankly at the moon which was blurry due to the slight rainfall. He was wondering if Mallika is really his soulmate because he hasn't met her yet this month although tomorrow is the last day of the month. He didn't know when he begins to trust the astrologer's words but he wishes for Mallika to be his soulmate. This idea of him isn't an outcome of Anvisht's influence but his heart's feelings even before knowing much about her.

He closed his eyes, lifting his head, enjoying the breeze while the drizzles wet his face, leaving tiny droplets on his spectacles.

In the wink of an eye, he heard a wave of vintage Bollywood music. Rim Jhim Gire Saawan.