.24

Zack

After I left Emma's room I couldn't sleep,
I needed to take some frustration out and there are only two ways I know how to do that.

We're supposed to have a pretty hot week coming up, The weather can never decide if it wants to be winter or summer. I figure we'll go jet skiing or something, which means option number one can't happen.

I walked upstairs to go work out, exercise always seems to help me.

I had only been here for about 30 minutes until Emma arrived, she was wearing tight leggings and a tank top. This was probably the most fitted clothes I've ever seen her in. While she was tiny and very slender, Emma actually had nice curves. I always thought she was straight up and down, which there's nothing wrong with that. It was just surprising.

She walked quietly over to the treadmill. Turned it on, step up, and started a run. I tried to continue working with the punching bag, but my eyes kept drifting back to Emma.  She even ran gracefully, didn't know that was possible.
long strides, her hair bounced with every movement, as well as some other things, nope snap out of it. 

I only plan to stay for about an hour at most, but Emma seemed to have other ideas, so I continued too.  She was running for over two hours.  And now obviously getting tired,
Emma started to trip, her usual straight back started to lean. But still wasn't calling it quits. I was now right behind her, but she didn't seem to notice.

Suddenly she began to fall forward, her hands lost their grip,  I quickly wrapped my hand around her waist, and turned off the treadmill, gently I picked her up, she was barely keeping her eyes open.

I sat down with her, what the hell just happened.

"Emma," I said, she looked up at me, her normally soft blue eyes had a grey hue. She was bright red but somehow pale? The bags under her eyes were a clue to how tired she is. And yet Emma was still one of the most alluring women I had I've met. She chewed on her bottom lip.

"Z..Zack" her quiet voice echoed in my ears.

"What the fuck were you doing Emma?"  My hands tightened around her and maybe I came off harsher than intended, she flinched away. I don't why it bothered me so much.

"I'm so sorry" why was she apologizing

"Are you okay?" I tried to say a little softer and I loosened my grip on her arms.

"Of course I.. I'm lovely" she smiled, her teeth were so straight and whiter than paper, they looked like little pearls.

"People who are okay, don't just faint like that"

"I just need some water," she said defensively. I couldn't help but be surprised, in the past two days she snapped at me more than she has in the past seven years. And I know it hasn't been many times but still, it's Like she was losing control.

We were both quiet, my hands were wrapped around her small body as I held her in my lap. her legs and arms tucked up, it made her seem even smaller, more child-like. Emma's eyes flicked down to my watch. And shock filled her face.

"It's 6 already? I.. um I should go shower" I let my hands fall away. And Emma got off so gently it was almost cautious, she began walking away. wobbled a little bit, but seemed Okay maybe. I followed closely behind as we went down downstairs.