Meeting Splinter

After that situation with the figure, Mikey tried the best he could to talk to the Figure. But she remained unresponsive. The only time she'd say anything was when Donnie was checking on her ankle, but even then, she wouldn't say anything. Leo and Raph would also try talking to the figure, Sunita even tried to do so but that didn't get far. But eventually, the night for the annual Lair Games came. Donnie was explaining some parts of the games, mainly about how everyone won't be in the lab for a while. "My brothers and I might have to go to the Mystic City so that we can buy more things to do more activities." Donnie explained as he was tweaking the device's code. The figure nodded, even though Donnie can't see her with the curtains up. Since the Figure was getting used to Donnie's organized lab, there wasn't much need for the curtains. Donnie just kept them up in case the Figure wanted privacy.

"Meaning you'll probably be left here alone." Donnie said as he looked up and stared at the curtains. He sighed and stood up, walking over to the curtains and peaking inside. "Y'know, even if you don't want Mikey to help you because Big Mama is after you, you could participate. Your ankle should be fine so long as your careful." Donnie said as he and the figure looked at each other. "Wouldn't that just mean I'd have to meet your father?" The figure asked, Donnie looked to the ground before nodding. "I know it's not ideal, but Mikey really wants you to just talk to him again." Donnie said, the figure furrowed her brows as she looked at her hands. Donnie's lab door then opened, causing Donnie to move from the curtains and head to the sound. "Hey D! Ready to head out?" April's voice rang through, the figure sighed and just stayed where she was as Donnie and April's voices became quieter.

"Yeah, just doing a few last-minute checks." Donnie said as he pointed behind him, April saw the curtain and frowned. "How's our friend doing?" April asked quietly, Donnie sighed and folded his arms across his chest. "She's not too scared of my lab, still hates needles but her ankle is better. She should be able to walk on it again, she just needs support on both sides." Donnie explained, April nodded to this and looked at the curtain. "Maybe she'll walk around a bit while were gone." April said and walked out the lab with Donnie. Eventually, everyone had left for Mystic City to get what they needed for the lair games. The figure started to get bored, using random activities to entertain herself. She had her back on the ground as her legs rested on the wall.

She played "I Spy" by herself, but that didn't last long. She eventually started to get hungry and turned to the alarm clock Leo had given to her, and saw it was around noon. The figure sighed and rolled over, crawling out of the room and grabbed into Donnie's desk, using that to help herself. She then saw a computer chair and decided to sit onto that. She began to push herself out of the room and used the code to open Donnie's door. Once she was out of the room, she directed herself to the kitchen. The figure yelped when she reached the kitchen, using the wall to help direct herself since her one foot didn't do much. Once she was able to find the counter, she hopped onto the counter and sat on it, searching the cabinets around her to find something to eat.

"Come on, this is a family of five. They gotta have some snacks in here." The figure said as she rummaged through things. She did find something and smiled when she saw a box of crackers. "Yes!" She said, turning around to get onto the chair but froze when she saw someone at the doorway. Splinter stood there with an empty coffee cup with a shocked expression, dropping his coffee cup as the figure just sat there. She looked at the box and then back at Splinter and laughed nervously. "I swear, I'm not stealing anything." She said as she pointed to the box, Splinter narrowed his eyes and put his hands onto his hips. "Uh huh, then why do you have the food I bought in your hand?" Splinter asked, the figure sighed and set the box down.

"Okay, first off, your son Mikey brought me here." The figure said as she pointed to the ground. The figure began to explain herself, not that someone was after her, but everything else. "So you were the one that was in Raph's old cell?" Splinter asked, the figure nodded at this. Splinter looked at the box and hummed. He looked at the box and then at the figure's ankle. Splinter sighed and walked over, opening a cabinet with his tail before grabbing a bowl. He grabbed the box of crackers and poured some into the bowl. He then looked at the figure with a tired fornw. "I'm going to watch my shows, do you want to join me?" He asked, the figure looked at the bowl in thought. Well, he wasn't exactly angry with her for not exposing herself. But she could tell that Splinter was angry at someone, probably the turtles for not telling Splinter she was here.

"I suppose?" The figure said as she hopped onto the chair. "Okay, hold these and I'll help direct you to the living room." Splinter said as he held the box and bowl to the figure. She held onto both and remained silent as Splinter pushed her to the living room. "Do you have any shows you don't like to watch?" Splinter asked as he walked over to the projector, the figure shook her head no and allowed Splinter to pick his show. After a while, the figure was asked a few questions by Splinter and she tried to answer so as to make sure the brothers wouldn't get in trouble. "Uh, quick question?" The figure asked Splinter as he was laughing at something. "Huh? Sure." Splinter said as he popped another cracker into her mouth. "I was wondering if I'm allowed to participate in the lair games?" The figure asked as Splinter rummaged through the box he was eating from.

"I suppose, we might actually have a room for you to stay in." Splinter said, shocking the figure. "You want to give me my own room?" The figure asked, Splinter looked at her with slight confusion as he tossed the empty box behind him. "Yes? I'm not going to have you stay in a stupid corner in my son's lab." Splinter said before grabbing some crackers from the figure's bowl. "That's poor hosting." Splinter said before shoving the handle full into his mouth. The figure looked at her bowl and smiled brightly, but looked up when she heard a loud gasp. Both Splinter and the figure looked over and saw the turtles, April, Casey, and Sunita standing at the entrance with several shopping bags. "Uh, we can explain!" Mikey yelled before any of his brothers could say a word. "Like how you could keep an injured house guest in a corner?!" Splinter yelled at his sons; the girls looked at the rat in confusion.

"Wait, you're not upset that the guys lied about her?" April asked as she pointed to the figure. "No? The boys are allowed to bring women over! Sure, this isn't what I had in mind, but she hasn't exactly done anything wrong." Splinter said as the turtles sighed in relief. The figure looked at the turtles and girls with an innocent face. "Your father said I could partake in the Lair Games." The figure siad, Mikey's eyes went wide as he smiled brightly. "REALLY?! She can?!" Mikey yelled with a bright grin. "Sure." Splinter said with a shrug, the figure almost chuckled as Mikey leaped for joy and hugged his father. But watching how Splinter laughed and hugged Mikey back caused the Figure to frown. She looked back to the TV as she watched everyone else celebrate, ignoring them until Sunita walked up with a smile. "Hey, I'm Sunita." The yokai introduced herself. "Oh, hello. I currently don't remember my name." The figure said.

"Oh, that's okay! Is it alright if we call you Shadow?" Sunita asked, the figure(now temporarily labeled as Shadow) shrugged her shoulders. "Well, I hope this is your size because I bought you some clothes." Sunita said as she reached into her bag she was holding. "My clothes and April's are too small. I actually bought this yesterday and added a style!" Sunita said as she pulled a sleeveless hoodie out from the bag. The hamato clan symbol on the chest that clashed against the aqua hoodie. It had white strings that went into the hood that also had yin-yang symbols on the side. "Here you go!" Sunita said as she handed the hoodie to Shadow. Shadow held the hoodie and looked at the others. "We figured that since we're kinda friends, that you could wear our clans' symbol. Not to mention we're also kinda enemies with Big Mama." Leo said with a smirk as he leaned on Donnie's shoulder, only for Donnie to move swiftly and allow Leo to fall to the ground. "I also got you some sweats because your entire persona just says you've never relaxed in your life." Sunita said as she pulled out some gray sweats. Shadow grabbed the sweats and stared at them, but Raph walked behind Shadow and grabbed onto her chair.

"Now you go try them on so we know they fit!" Raph said as he directed Shadow to his room as Sunita walked over with her bag. "Let me know if they fit so we can buy you more clothes in that size!" Sunita said as Raph closed the door behind Shadow. Shadow blinked and looked at the sweats and hoodie she was given. "Okay then?" Shadow said and stood up, sighing in relief as she realized her ankle only stung a bit when she applied pressure to it.