Shadow's old apartment

The three girls walked out of a old building, all but Shadow looking quite disturbed as they were now on the surface. Even the robotic dragon looked concerned as Shadow walked out into an alley way and looked around in wonder. They must've been in the carnival longer than they thought, because it was currently sunset. "Next time, we ask Hueso to come get us." April said, Casey and the dragon nodded. Shadow noticed and smirked. "Guess he works on the surface too." Shadow said as she gestured to the robo-dragon. April turned to it and sighed, smiling as she pets it's head like it was a pet. "Gonna have to give you a name sooner or later." April said, Shadow looked around the alley way as Casey also pet the dragon's back. "I think I know where we are." Shadow admitted as she kept looking around. Casey got up and noticed the alleyway was trashed, more so than the usual ones. Shadow walked over to the sidewalk and peeked out to the streets, seeing them empty and nearby the ocean.

"If I'm right, my old apartment should be nearby." Shadow said as she pulled back into the alleyway. "Wha- Isn't that like miles away from the lair?!" April yelled in surprise as she gripped her head. "Yes. But if we get to my old apartment, we'll just call Leo and he can teleport to us and we can go home that way." Shadow said, Casey smiled at the idea. "Yes! But can I put my stuffed ninja into your bag? I feel like I'm gonna lose him." Casey asked as she held her ninja. After that was dealt with, Shadow climbed to the rooftops and led the girls to her old apartment. While this part of town was almost empty, it would still be safe to travel where a lot of people typically don't walk through. But once the three did get to Shadow's old apartment, the sun already disappeared, and the sky was orange. "Welp, here she is!" Shadow said, Casey and April looked at the apartment with concern. "You lived here before Mikey found you?" April asked as she pointed to the apartment.

Shadow frowned and sighed in annoyance. "I know it's not exactly 'five stars' but I had free electricity and clean running water." Shadow said, hoping off the roof onto another fire escape and began to make her way over. Casey and April looked at each other, April shrugged her shoulders and got onto the mech's back, commanding it to fly her into the apartment. Casey sighed in defeat before hopping onto the fire escape. And just at the right moment too, because a portal opened on the same roof top. It had been the guy from earlier, with the mask and cloak. He closed the portal behind him and watched as Shadow got into the apartment. Once the three had got in, the guy gripped onto his sword handle, it was wrapped around his hips. "Figured you'd come back around here." The guy said, his voice somewhat distorted as he stared ahead. He reached up to his cloaks zipper and gripped the charm on it.

It was a metal ring with three circles inside of it. The rings circles were placed in a triangle formation that held onto the rings edge. He then walked away from the corner to make sure he wouldn't be seen before he made his plan. Back with the three girls, April and Casey watched as Shadow stared at the state of her apartment. Shadow turned to the girls and smiled nervously. "I swear, it was a lot cleaner when I left." Shadow admitted, April looked to her left and watched as a cupboard's door just feel to the ground. Casey looked at the TV and frowned, it looked older than the ones the Foot clans' leaders used in the break room. "It's uh... charming?" April said as she smiled at Shadow. "It'll work, I'll go ahead and call Leo." Casey said as she sat onto the couch. April just kept looking around the room and noticed the amount of trash around the place. Shadow had walked into the kitchen and began to see what she and the other could eat.

"Hey Shadow?" April asked as Casey began to have some problems. Shadow looked up from the fridge door and closed it as she stood up. "What's up?" She asked and leaned against the island; April laughed nervously as she began to mess with her hands. "So, would it be alright if I cleaned this place up a bit?" April asked as she gestured behind her, Shadow looked behind April and furrowed her brows. "I guess? Why you want to?" Shadow asked as she looked at April. "Oh, uh.... because it could make a cool second base!" April lied as she gestured around the air behind her. April, stop with the lying. The real reason was because April couldn't stand being in a dirty room, call it stereotypes, but April liked it when a room was neat. Shadow hummed as she held her chin, thinking about it and finally smiling as she looked at April. "Sure, I should have some extra trash bags somewhere here." Shadow said as she headed to the space under the sink and began to rummage through there. But stopped when she heard Casey groan out in annoyance.

"I can't get any signal out here!" Casey said in defeat as she flopped against the couch. Shadow sucked in a breath as she stood up. "Oh yeah... not a lot of people stay here so the closets cell tower and several miles away." Shadow said, causing Casey to sigh in annoyance as April pulled out her phone, seeing the signal on her phone was very low. "But I think I have a phone you could use." Shadow said and walked into her old bedroom door, Casey and April watched her silently. "Yup! It works!" Shadow yelled out, Casey sighed and walked into the room, stopped at the doorway to see it was an inwall phone. Shadow looked at Casey and handed the ex-ninja the phone, smiling slightly as she walked out. Casey sighed and dialed Leo's number, keeping quiet as she sat on Shadow's old bed.

Once the phone was finally picked up, Leo began to speak. "Tim's abortion clinic and pizzeria, where yesterday's loss is today's sauce. How may I help you?" Leo asked, Casey blinked and took a deep breath. "I'm calling Donnie next time." Casey said bluntly, waiting as several laughs rang through the other ends. "Cassandra?! I'm so sorry! I thought you were some spam people!" Leo laughed; you could hear Donnie laughing in the background. "And you decided to answer with that?!" Cassandra yelled back; you could hear Raph wheezing as he fell to the ground. Casey sighed as she rubbed her brow and let the guys get their laughs out. Once they finally stopped, Leo let Casey talk. "We need a portal back to the lair. We ended up leaving the Mystic City around where Shadow's old apartment is." Casey said.

"O-okay. I'll come get you guys." Leo said, a loud boom could be heard. "Mikey?!" Raph's voice yelled out as Casey sat there. It was quiet for a moment as Casey just looked around in slight confusion. "Is everything okay over there?" Casey asked in confusion, Leo sighed on the other end. "Yeah, Mikey was just trying to use his ninpo to bake a cake, now the cake batter is covering the entire kitchen." Leo grumbled, then Splinter came yelling in. Casey sat there for a good few seconds before Leo sighed. "Okay, update. Splinter is not letting me come get you guys until the kitchen is cleaned. Hope that's okay." Leo said, causing Casey to sigh and rub her brow. "Yeah, hopefully April doesn't go nuts with having the room cleaned." Casey said and then hung up. She headed into the living room and saw Shadow and April cleaning.

Both looked up at Casey and stared at her. Casey sighed and told them what had happened. "Just gives us more reason to get this place cleaned! We're gonna have a sleepover!" April yelled and began to clean faster, but Shadow rolled her eyes and turned to Casey. "Already going to grab a bag." Casey said as she headed to the kitchen and grabbed a bag, stopping when she saw the Dragon mech sitting on the island. "Of course, you don't have to help clean." Casey said with narrowed eyes. It just stared at her before blowing a small raspberry. Casey quickly flipped it off before heading over and helping April and Shadow out, not that there was much to do since April was a neat freak.

A/n: I know I said I'd make a full colored image of the guy who's following the girls but I didn't have the right motivation to draw it. I promise it'll be in the next chapter.