Big Mama's post

The next morning, April yawned as she sat up. Mayhem trilling as he stretched before hopping onto April's lap. "Ack! okay, okay!" April laughed as Mayhem began to lick April's face. She picked up the little guy and headed out of her room to the kitchen, seeing her mother pouring two cups of coffee. She turned to April with a bright smile and petted Mayhem's head and even gave a few scratches under his chin as April smirked. "Nice to see you up early." Carol, April's mother, had said as April set Mayhem down. "Yeah, me and my friends are gonna do the yearly lair games again." April said with a smile, Coral laughed a bit. "Oh yeah? Well make sure that purple one doesn't eat something weird again." Coral admitted, remembered how she and April watched the video feed from a previous Lair games. "Oh yeah, that's for sure." April said as she pulled up her phone, she had grabbed it just before coming out from her room. "Not to mention we have Shadow coming into these new games, so we have to be more careful." April said, letting the guys, Sunita and Cassandra that she was on her way soon. "Sounds fun, hopefully she's enjoying those music discs you took from my room." April tensed and looked at Coral who was smiling with a smug grin and a raised brow.

"Didn't think I'd notice, did ya?" Coral asked as she prepared her lunch for the day. April laughed nervously and quickly sat up from her stool she had been sitting in. "Did you hear that? It's my alarm clock! Guess I better go get ready!" April said as she quickly dashed out as Mayhem helped himself to the water fountain the O'Neil's had bought him. Coral only laughed a little as April headed to her own room and slam the door shut. April sighed in relief and then grabbed her clothes. After she dressed herself in her normal attire, April began to go over the list of activities for the Lair Games. This year, Casey and April were planning to take part of the activities so it would be best to have some back-up clothes. Especially if you didn't know how the sewers worked like April did, who did part time kayaking in those same sewers. After April had packed a bag of body spray, clothes, shoes and extra things, she turned to her window. 

A smile appeared on her face as she walked over to the window and opened it. April leaned against the ledge and took a deep breath in, exhaling as she allowed the single moment of peace to run through her. She probably would've stayed there longer, if Coral hadn't knocked on her door. "Hun?" April turned and saw Coral already to leave. "Hey, I'm gonna be working late again so if you want to stay the night with those Hamato's, I'm fine with it." Coral said, April smirked. "Okay, I'll come back to wash my clothes and grab Mayhem, so he doesn't have to stay here alone." April said as she quickly grabbed her bag, giving her mother a quick kiss on her cheek before throwing the gym bag over her shoulder.  April gave Mayhem a few pets and waved goodbye to Coral before dashing out of the apartment and down to the stairs. She figured it be an easy way to wake herself more before saying "Hello!" or "Bye!" to the other people she'd see often. April texted everyone she was gonna grab some breakfast before heading to the lair. Cassandra said the subway was going to take a bit and Sunita's folks were making sure she had everything, from proper human clothes to a back-up broach if her original one broke.

It wasn't uncommon for items to get broken in this family so Sunita bought herself a back-up one just in case. April eventually found a cafe and placed her order, heading to a table and letting Mikey know, who was constantly asking her if she was close by, that she would be taking a bit longer than hopped. April began to scroll through some "Mystic City" social media before finding a "Wanted/Missing Person's" poster. "What the..." April mumbled as she looked at the yokai's picture, surprised to see it was Big Mama's Assistant. April began to read some info on the post, not surprised to see it was Big Mama who had made it. It said the assistant had disappear a few nights before the "New York: Battle Nexus Event" and hasn't returned nor make any sort of communication to Big Mama. April then looked down at the reward and her eyes went wide. "1 million?!" April yelled whispered, looking around to make sure no one had heard her. "Ms. O'Neil?" The cashier called, April quickly got up and grabbed her pastries. April said goodbye and began to ear her breakfast bagel sandwich.

She kept reading the post before finding the sewer lid and turning her phone off, April would read more about it after the Lair Games. After all, those who got there early could make bets with Splinter and Sunita. Sunita wasn't going to participate but would act as the immediate medical aid if it was needed. Normally, Draxum would join, but got held back at the school. But it's a good thing that S.H.E.L.L.D.O.N would set up some video chat with Draxum, but the yokai would have to use the schools Wi-Fi and we all know how well that would go. While Donnie may have won the previous games and Leo winning all those before, Shadow might just have a chance. She's good at dodging things, is quick on her feet and is most likely good with using random weapons. Eventually, April did arrive and smiled as she saw the brothers all chilling in the living room.

"Hey guys!" April yelled, announcing her arrival as she jumped over the couch and landed next to Donnie, who groaned as April's bag hit his head. "Ah, sorry D." April said as she pats his head and looked around, happily waving at the brothers who all asked how she was doing. "You're positive you're okay?" Donnie asked April as she raised a brow. "Of course! Why, you worried that Miyamoto guy did something worse?" April asked but frowned when Donnie looked away with a huff. April looked to the brothers and saw each of them doing their own thing, meaning they were trying to not seem like they were listening. April turned back to Donnie before turning her back towards him, then flopping into his lap with a playful grin. Donnie yelped and turned down to see April. "I'm fine D! I'd be more worried about Shadow, seeing as how she was his actual target." April said as she closed her eyes and got comfortable. "Speaking of which, why hasn't she gotten up?" Raph asked as he looked around, Mikey and Leo also looked around as Donnie sighed and messed with April's pigtails.

"Our guest hasn't woken up yet?" Splinter asked as he walked into the room. Instead of his formal robes he had earned from his ninpo, Splinter wore his referee outfit he had worn the previous year. "I guess not, she usually wakes up before anyone else." Mikey said, remembering how Donnie kept a log of how many hours of sleep Shadow would get every night. Raph smiled as he got up and put his hands onto his hips. "I'll go wake her up." Raph said and then headed over to Shadow's room, knocking on the door lightly in case she was awake but wasn't dressed. "It's open." A voice rang from inside, surprising Raph but he did open the door and was a little shocked to see Shadow meditating on the ground. A small set of candles, a picture and a yin-yang charm remained on a small table. There was a dish under the charm and the photo appeared to be a bunny mutant of some kind. Raph closed the door behind him and walked behind Shadow, confusion filling his face. "What are you doin'?" Raph asked, trying to remain as quiet as possible while making sure Shadow could still hear him.

"Praying to Ophelia's spirit, hoping I could tell her I miss her and will win but only in her name." Shadow informed, Raph was surprised and turned to the photo. The bunny, Ophelia, had black fur with white ear tips, eye bags, and chin. Her hair was cut to match a pixie cut as she wore some kind of fighting clothing, a familiar symbol on her chest. It was Miyamoto's charm, one that made Raph frown.  He looked back at Shadow again and saw how she remained still and rubbed the back of his neck. "Do you think... I could, join you?" Raph asked, Shadow opened her eyes and shifted her gaze to Raph, who was quick to say something. "I just don't want you to be upset! I thought it would be nice if I was just here to support you because this Ophelia mutant seems important to you and-"

"Pikathrope." Shadow said as she closed her eyes again. "Huh?" Raph asked as he paused. "Ophelia, and her brother, Usagi Miyamoto, are called Pikathropes. They came from another dimension where their kind is basically gone." Shadow said, Raph frowned and looked to the ground. He was slightly worried he had offended Shadow, but she opened her eyes and turned to him. "I'll be out in a minute, but you can join me." Shadow said and returned to closing her eyes. Raph smiled and sat next to her, attempting to mimick Shadow by closing his eyes and staying silent. Shadow only smiled and was sure to remain silent.